Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-12-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
Jazzman
New Copter Crasher

Friends: (1)
Default MCX2 and MCPX questions - help please!

Hi folks -

A couple of questions which I hope you all may be able to answer:

1) MCX2, forward flight with left rudder, the helicopter 'wobbles' in air and loses altitude. does not happen with right rudder.

All linkages check out, trimmed properly, controller is the one which came with my CX2 (lp5dsm?).

wondering what could be causing this to happen...

2) MCPX - working fine for the last few weeks as I've been getting more comfortable with hovering and keeping the bird 'stable'. indoor flights.

There are three servos in the unit - one on each side, towards the front of the swashplate, and one in the rear. When I add throttle, my rear-most servo starts pulling down on the swash! When I have the throttle hold engaged and do a check of the controls, it seems fine, probably only happens when actually trying to fly the darned thing.

Also, when listening to the tail motor, it starts up, gets up to speed, then slows down and repeats... main board issue?

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
stevebarrow

Friends: (0)

could be a main board issue - have you tried rebinding? Could also be a battery issue as well are you using the stock cells? They aren't very good and getting a better cell - Spyder etc may be better.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #3
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
1) MCX2, forward flight with left rudder, the helicopter 'wobbles' in air and loses altitude. does not happen with right rudder.

All linkages check out, trimmed properly, controller is the one which came with my CX2 (lp5dsm?).

wondering what could be causing this to happen...
I'm pretty sure this is just due to the mechanics of the rotors. If you get really extreme doing some maneuvers, you could even get the upper and lower rotors hitting each other.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
prof_fate

Friends: (1)

There is a phenomenon on all heli - even real ones - I can't recall the name of it - but anyway, the spinning rotors cause the air under the heli to be very disturbed and if you descend into this you can lose all lift. My mCX chinnook suffers from this something awful but I've seen it on other helis including 450 sized ones.

Coax helis have all sorts of issue, some more than others. To turn what they do is speed up one set of rotors to turn one way and slow one set to turn the other. Well, if you speed up the rotors you will gain altitude and if you slow one set you will lose altitide. My big outdoor lama is great at demonstrating this - hit full rudder one way and it spins - and climbs. Go the other way and it comes down. The mCX2 is tiny in weight so its not as obvious bit it still does it. I've managed to drop a heli from the air while making fast turns this way- you gain lift with forward speed, then slow and turn and lose lift twice, so to speak, and plop, you're on the ground shaking your head.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters