Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
mikail511

Friends: (0)
Unhappy How to hookup servos and retracts to a Parkzone P-47?

Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to the hobby, so maybe this is a really simple problem with a quick fix (I hope). I hooked up the retracts and the flaps, turned on the DX6i transmitter, then the plane. Everything worked fine, but the servos and retracts are basically doing nothing. They didn't move when I turned on the plane, and using the switches on my DX6 doesn't do anything. Everything is firmly connected (with Y-harnesses), but the receiver does not seem to recognize the retracts or the flaps. The servos are sv-80s and the retracts are e flite 10 - 15.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
papabatman

Awards Showcase

2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (2)

http://www.parkzone.com/Articles/Art...ArticleID=2286
http://www.parkzone.com/Articles/Art...ArticleID=2232

hope this helps
Old 08-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
wolfewinde

Club: Largo Flying Club
Friends: (4)

If this is brand new plane you need to bind it to the transmitter first. To do that, you put the battery in the airplane first, then turn on the transmitter while holding the trainer switch in the forward position until the beeping stops and you hear the servos twitch a little - make sure throttle is off when you do this.

Also, if "new to the hobby" means this is your first airplane, you might want to consider flying something else before you try this one.

Wolfe
Old 08-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
jap71173
BigWatts.shutterfly.com

Friends: (8)

Originally Posted by mikail511 View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm pretty new to the hobby, so maybe this is a really simple problem with a quick fix (I hope). I hooked up the retracts and the flaps, turned on the DX6i transmitter, then the plane. Everything worked fine, but the servos and retracts are basically doing nothing. They didn't move when I turned on the plane, and using the switches on my DX6 doesn't do anything. Everything is firmly connected (with Y-harnesses), but the receiver does not seem to recognize the retracts or the flaps. The servos are sv-80s and the retracts are e flite 10 - 15.
Not sure if i can be much help as i have never use retracts nor flaps in my 1+ yr of flying... but here's my two guesses

It sounds like maybe a binding issue where you may have bound the receiver to you TX already prior to installing the flaps and retracts and so the receiver may not be supplying power to those channels. If that was the case i would guess that re-binding it would fix it.

The only other thing i could think of is that you have the plugs backwards plugged into either the receiver or the Y harness.

If none of those work, try testing they actually work by plugging them into a channel you know already works like the rudder... it won't harm it.

Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory!

AMA #964800

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics

Tags
dx6i spectrum rc 2.4 , p-47 , p47 , parkzone , retracts