Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
payne9999
That's gonna leave a mark

Club: Hillsboro Fly-A-Ways
Friends: (2)
Default Small servoless retracts

I have a 42" B-25 on the workbench. I want retracts but this plane is very light and the nacelles house the gear. Since the gear has to tuck up by pivoting forward towards the leading edge, it seems like retracts using servos are not possible unless I used some very small diameter cable like the yellow Du-Bro tubes with metal cable. At least the wheels don't have to rotate 90 degrees.

I think the plane will be all up only about 18 oz. or so. I have looked all over the net and I have not found a good fit.

Any ideas out there?

Dave
Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 AM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

No servo-less that small that I am aware of. Alfa retracts are super light duty and work great.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft