Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
JZSlenker

Send a message via AIM to JZSlenker
Friends: (1)
Default Rctimer 50a esc not connecting to program card

I just got several rctimer 50a opto escs and a hobbywing programming card (from rctimer). I can't seem to get the card to connect at all. I've provided a 5v power input to the card, but get nothing. I believe I'm following the directions for the order of connection. I need to program 8 of these so I would prefer not to use my TX to do it. Any ideas?
Old 09-07-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,162 Times in 2,070 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (311)

sometimes the 5v power input does not work with some esc, you need to hook up the battery to the esc, you may even need to use a y connector and send the 5v power to where the bec would normally power up everything, i think your 50 amp rctimer does not have a bec, so you will have to add power to that plug via a y connector to get the programer to work, I have run across that problem too with some esc, hope that helps, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-08-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
JZSlenker

ok, thanks Chellie, I'll try that tomorrow. The ESC's are opto, so there is not BEC but the programming card has a power input connector that I was using. Still I will give it a shot. Why not...right.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

If all else fails, you will have to program the ESC with the transmitter, Thats what i dont like with cheapy ESC

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...51&productname=

2 lines 1/1 pages1
Comments : dudflyer | 2011-05-18 01:34 | CheckdudflyerShow all
Total 4.0
see above review for programming link I used it and it worked fine it is quite simple to program once you print off the instructions. Speed control seems to work fine for me so far does get warm though not hot pulling about 38a heat sink works well as the warmth gets dissapated quickly.

Do you think this comment is helpful?
0(0 in total) visitors think it helpful

Comments : mamcrackin | 2011-02-01 11:06 | CheckmamcrackinShow all
Total 0.0
Here is a link to programming instructions.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2433925 ESC has worked great so far and remember this ESC does not have a BEC.. You will have to get that also....

4(4 in total) visitors think it helpful

Old 09-08-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

and you could have gotten a bad esc programing card. but i really think that not having a bec built into the 50 amp esc is causing the problem, where as the 40 amp size and under have a built in bec, so thats the reason i suggested adding 5 volts to where the esc would normally feed bec voltage via a y connector, hope that helps, Chellie

2 lines 1/1 pages1
Comments : mawin | 2011-07-10 23:43 | CheckmawinShow all
Total 0.0
Hi, I just got my program card and it works wery well with ESC RCTimer >10A but 6A ESC RCTimer not worked. It doesn't work with Turnigy 20A UBEC ESC, H-King ESC, HobbyKing HK-18A ESC If it works it seems to be a good product.

Reply by vendor
Hi Mawin,
Thanks for your enquiry, this is Official Program card of Hobbywing, it can use for our ESC10A/18A/20A/30A/40A.
Thanks.

0(0 in total) visitors think it helpful

Comments : timmybeetle | 2011-04-28 12:33 | ChecktimmybeetleShow all
Total 0.0
Warning......???!!!! I have this program card BUT it doesn't work with some ecs. I have several ECS from hobbyking, mystery and some others but none of theme works with this card. I had one ecs 30A which sadly burned out due to bad Motor which worked with this card. But if it works it is a great and easy tool too use. greetings hans

Reply by vendor
Dear sir,
This program card can use on Hobbywing, Hobbyking and RCTIMER ESC, if the card still cann't work with them , please return it to us, we can resend a new to you.
RCTIMER

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...88&productname=

Old 09-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I have to say that considering many of the Hong Kong / China sellers ... RCTimer does try hard to satisfy / help it's customers.

I use RCtimer a lot for motor / ESC gear and only problem I have had is actually post service ... NOT RCTimer.

I am a customer of RCTimer and have no commercial or other interest.

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 09-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #8
JZSlenker

Well I tried the Y adapter to no avail. I don't get any lights on the card whatsoever. I guess the programming card is bad. I started down the road of programming with the TX. Four programmed, four more to go tomorrow. Talk about losts of beeps.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems