Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
yorkiepap

Club: AMA/LHMAC
Friends: (2)
Default Turnigy 9X Tx/Rx sale.......

Hey guys,
I couldn't post this on the Basement Bargain section, so I'll post it here. I just ordered this system as a backup for some of my planes & will probably get it set up with some of my future models I'm planning to get. How can you beat this price? A bargain & rated quite high with users.

Denny

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Firmware_.html

* "To Be Old and Wise You Must First Be Young and Stupid." *

* "A mans' word is his honor....without honor, there is nothing." *
Old 09-08-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

I don't know. For me the quality of both hardware and software along with the lack of support make it a real no-brainer for me. I don't like to skimp on TX's and RX's. I know others have had good luck with the knock-off stuff but I feel my money is well spend with a vendor who will be around and stands behind their equipment.

To me on radios you really do get what you pay for.

Mike
Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #3
Henry Sistrunk

View Henry Sistrunk's Gallery69
Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 
Friends: (13)

I have been using one since early August. Been flying it most every day with no problems. I bought it as a test because to convert from 72 would cost a fortune in receivers. I bought 7 extra receivers and so far have installed and flown 4 of them. I have ordered another transmitter but have not received it yet. So far, I am really happy with it.
Henry.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #4
Catalina

Friends: (0)

Just to let you know I also purchased this as an upgrade to my HK 4 channel one which I had no problems with at all. Wanted a programmable type as I have 7 planes.
All was good until I kept having intermittant range issues. This was the same with all 7 planes so I know it wasnt just 1 reciever.
Every now and then I would loose contact with the plane. Never happened with the original HK 4 channel one probably because it had a satelite reciever as well.
Ended up getting rid of the Turnigy one and purchased a Futaba 6EX from Hobbyking for a bit extra and am using the cheap Orange recievers ($30 ea) with dual anntennas and have had no range issues at all. Could not be happier with current setup. Good thing is if I want to upgrade to a better Futaba tx the orange recievers will still work.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
Henry Sistrunk

Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
Just to let you know I also purchased this as an upgrade to my HK 4 channel one which I had no problems with at all. Wanted a programmable type as I have 7 planes.
All was good until I kept having intermittant range issues. This was the same with all 7 planes so I know it wasnt just 1 reciever.
Every now and then I would loose contact with the plane. Never happened with the original HK 4 channel one probably because it had a satelite reciever as well.
Ended up getting rid of the Turnigy one and purchased a Futaba 6EX from Hobbyking for a bit extra and am using the cheap Orange recievers ($30 ea) with dual anntennas and have had no range issues at all. Could not be happier with current setup. Good thing is if I want to upgrade to a better Futaba tx the orange recievers will still work.
Strange, I haven't had the slightest problem. Did it cause a crash or was it only momentary? The one thing that may make a difference is that I do not fly with others. Right by myself and probably miles from any source of interference. Thanks for any input.
Henry

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Giant Stick.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	152783
Old 09-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
earthsciteach

Friends: (5)

I also have the Turnigy 9x and am very happy with it. No issues (that I didn't cause) to date!

All of my landings are three point landings if you count the spinner, too
Old 09-10-2011, 12:57 AM   #7
Catalina

Originally Posted by Henry Sistrunk View Post
Strange, I haven't had the slightest problem. Did it cause a crash or was it only momentary? The one thing that may make a difference is that I do not fly with others. Right by myself and probably miles from any source of interference. Thanks for any input.
Henry
No, I did not crash just had no control for a couple of seconds, would happen at least once on most flights using different recievers. Maybe I got a dud transmitter who knows. I wasnt very confident about the one antenna however. Its nice to have redundancy as I fly in public parks.
It was a shame not only because of the wasted money, i really like the transmitter and all the options. My Futuba 6EX is cerntainly not as easy to use or as many features.
When reading reviews its a bit of a mixed bag, people either are very happy with it, or perople dont like it at all. At the very least it put the prices of the major brands down.
Hope this helps
Old 09-10-2011, 01:13 AM   #8
earthsciteach

I suffered several crashes recently. I discovered it was a break in the RX antenna. I placed in such a way, in a plane that I knew was a pain to fly, to cause it to break. Just didn't notice it until I busted my fav plane into several pieces. Twice. All my fault. Learned the importance of "range check" the hard way.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #9
ArneH
Balsa Builder

Club: BMFK
Friends: (1)

I have the Eurgle, same TX but different name. The only thing I dislike is the buttons. Sometimes I had to push many times, to make them react.
Had mine for two years now, and that is the only i can complain about.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #10
Henry Sistrunk

Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

Thanks Guys. I really like mine. Minor problems with them are to be expected at that low price. I will continue to add receivers and hope for the best. So far I am flying A Big Stick 40, a Big Stick 60. A Giant
Big Stick, and an Escapade 60 with it.
Henry

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	152798
Old 09-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I've had FS 9X for quite a while now and started having odd instances that coudln't be explained ... like other poster - sudden loss of control at irregular times ..

I knew the system was OK ... but like anybody who has the odd cartwheel - you start to ask question WHY ??

I then decided to go FrSky with the FlySky 9X .......... WOW !! what a difference ... not one glitch or hesitation at all. Confidence factor is back again and I have no worries about installing in any model I have.

The FS module and Rx's are now in a box on the shelf. I do not say they are faulty ... I have no idea. Just that on changing to FrsKY - all my twitches etc. stopped.

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 09-14-2011, 02:04 AM   #12
gotta_fly

Hey Folks,
I found this at hobby partz...looks like same radio. I have been using DX 7 never had an issue, but this maybe a great back up............
Anyone have problems or what is support like from company?
Thanks Ed - Gotta Fly

http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-th9x-r...nel-radio.html
Old 09-14-2011, 03:14 AM   #13
earthsciteach

Yep, same radio. But it can be bought from Hobby King for $74 including shipping under the Turnigy Brand.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #14
Henry Sistrunk

Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

Looks just like my Turnigy 9X
Henry
Old 09-14-2011, 11:28 AM   #15
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

The only difference with Turnigy to other Flysky rebrands is the removal of FM antena they did.
This then a) stops you from using a FM module in the radio - if you wish to step back in Tx techno !, b) the 2.4Ghz module is wired into the radio - meaning modification to be able to remove / swap.

Personally I think this a poor move on their part and think it would have been much better to have still used the PIN board that the others use.

When using it on SOME simulator software - you have to un0plug the module. Lovely having it hanging on that wire.

I run the FlySky radio group on yahoo ... specifically to get better info about pros and cons of the radios from users. To help users get better out of the radios. I don't say they replace higher reputable brands .. what I say is that many people have them, use them and have no trouble. Any problems I had were instantly cured by fitting FrSky module / Rx.

My total cost ... extra FlySky Rx to work with original Tx Module, frSky replacement Tx module + 3 Rx's and the original Tx / Rx ... still leaves a significant lump of money in my pocket compared to higher brand names.

Flight ? Flies as good as my JR and Futaba ever did ........

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros