Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
mustang51

Friends: (0)
Default SPEKTRUM DX5e + AR500 Receiver Questions

Gday all

I am new to these forums and have only been into model planes for a few years. I am going to attempt to build a spitfire about the size of the parkzone p51 mustang and am after some info. I have to do a school research project so i have decided to go down this path on scratch building a rc plane.

I would like to buy a SPEKTRUM DX5e + AR500 Receiver. I found a ebay site and was wondering if this is a good deal and is it alright for it to work in australia, as its from america?

(Ive just found out i cant post links, but its a SPEKTRUM DX5e + AR500 Receiver for $95, its on the hopmeup ebay store)

My second question is if i was to buy an turnigy esc and motor from hobbyking, would it be compatible with the receiver and transmitter, as i am a little confused as i only own a hobbyzone supercub and it does not have electronics like this.

Thanks for your help in advance, it will be appreciated
Old 09-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (10)

Welcome to Wattflyer!

1) $95 sounds about right.

2) Yes it will work with Turnigy gear!

I have to ask: Is this your first RC plane? Do you have anyone to help you balance it and trim it out? Your model will be much linger lived if you do... Also, we are happy to help here on Wattflyer, so keep the questions coming and we'll do our best to answer!

AMA #959089
Old 09-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
mustang51

Thanks for your help NJSwede!

I own a hobbyzone supercub. This will be my first scratch-built airplane. When i build it would i be better off going to a club to gets tips on the trim, or is it possible to ask here? The resaon for building it is for a school project, and i need to do research into how to build it, the materials, balancing and trim, etc

Thanks for your help
Old 09-13-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
TimMarkham

Hey,
I need to know how to strengthen the rudder & elevator on the new Stinson Reliant. If you can help me out, that would be great. What do you use to clean your foamie planes?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
mustang51

Originally Posted by TimMarkham View Post
Hey,
I need to know how to strengthen the rudder & elevator on the new Stinson Reliant. If you can help me out, that would be great. What do you use to clean your foamie planes?
Hey mate i have no idea on your first part. I just give my cub a quck wipe over with a cloth after it sits around for a while

I have another question relating to the dx5e. I have read that this receiver has a 1 model plane memory. If i was to build another plane with the exact same set up, would i be able to use the same controller? or would i need two seperate controllers for each plane?

Thanks Again

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros