Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (13)
Default HOBBYKING PARKJET..fantastic!!!!!!!a great flyer

wow !!!all i can say is Wow!

she maidened today with three flight and was launched by my buds at the field while i tended to the sticks. first flight was mostly 1/2 throttle and spent trimming her out. gets small quickly ,but the orange top green bottom worked great i had ear to ear smiles as it had not tork tendencies to be worth mentioning. very twitchy do over aileron control.landed smooth like a glider.

second flight had the same results with wot flybys getting compliment from the gang...i didn't think it was to fast but at quit a distance i lost orientation and she was looping down...down...down out of site behind the hill only to come up again and i got control at 0 mistakes high...lol...heart was pounding from the battle and eyes straining to get it flying back to me. there was an applause ,with "nice saves"being said around me....whoosh,things happen very fast with this parkjet'

3rd flight,i tossed it myself with to little throttle and it swooped down to a quick landing 20'in front of me....lol.....no damage and tossed again by a friend to fly 5 min's and wot for a huge part of this flight. motor was cool,esc cool,battery mildly warm...a totaly cool jet and quick to boot!!

as far as video goes,the guy with the camara said he couldn't see it in his view sceen...to fast and to small to track. another guy tried to record with his doppler program but there was to many other glow engines running in the air and behind us on the tables so no go on that either .i will put the keychain camera on my hat and try that next time.

final comment....get the park jet kit for $14 and a 3200 kv motor from "dons rc shop"online call the wicked. p/u a 30amp esc ,and the 1300 mah 20c zippie batery. you will be very happy,trust me on this
well worth everything invested which was very little!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	video test fipshare 039.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	153681
Click image for larger version

Name:	video test fipshare 040.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	153682

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
gramps2161
Community Moderator

View gramps2161's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Congrat's on the successful maiden and flights sounds like you had a ball with it. Like to get a speed plane myself just something bigger so I can keep track of it. I still lose orientation of my planes once in awhile, and that thing would be a pure heart racing flight for me.

Do I spy a Airfoil yak waiting to be assembled?
Old 10-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

View Nitro Blast's Gallery38
Club: Silent Electric Fliers of San Diego
Send a message via MSN to Nitro Blast
Awards Showcase

100mph Speed Demon  3kW  1kW  WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (67)

Thats a great report, thanks.

I am searching for something to put thrust vectoring on, so I can have a psudo-copy of the Carbon Z Scimitar.

This looks like it may be my ticket.

Electricity... It's not just for light bulbs anymore.

GoProfessional Cases industry grade protection for your gear

Dinogy Lipos professional grade energy

Project Globetrotter Participant 7/09
Wings Across America Participant 6/10
Old 10-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

thanks gramps,it was so much fun ,i already charged the batteries for tomorros flights. the recharge took 15mins on the cellpro chargers .that's quick! i must say,watching tv ,relaxing with the wife,typing on wattflyer,and charging batteries...does a saturday night get any better for an old man like me...naaahhhhh.

nitro, thrust vectoring sounds like a heavy edf modification for this lil bird. i think it ws is 21". if its a small park jet typ edf that can be modfide you want. check out the hobby king like this..seems a little more designed for what your thinking. that is if thrust vectoring means have the exit nozel for a jet be servo controled. i know nothing of edf jets.

Flyjet X-83 Pusher or 64mm EDF 830mm (KIT)

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:25 AM   #5
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

View Nitro Blast's Gallery38
Club: Silent Electric Fliers of San Diego
Send a message via MSN to Nitro Blast
Awards Showcase

100mph Speed Demon  3kW  1kW  WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (67)

Thanks, I'll consider that one. I don't want EDF, I want pusher prop for sure.
I want to do this in reverse:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61024

Inspired by this:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Electricity... It's not just for light bulbs anymore.

GoProfessional Cases industry grade protection for your gear

Dinogy Lipos professional grade energy

Project Globetrotter Participant 7/09
Wings Across America Participant 6/10
Old 10-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #6
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

nitro,just read the thrust vector thread you did on the yaks....very cool and now i understand how motor can be moved. i think the hobbyking funjet is more the size of the stryker. which is more the shape of the scimitar. and the kit is only$40. that scimitar is very cool and a belly lander would be very light compared to it,so if you do experiment building one,please do share the process. i love the landing gear parts for the setup you invented.

SkyFun Jet (Kit Only)

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets