Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > New Product Announcements
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

New Product Announcements Vendors post their latest and greatest products here to let the world know about them

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Panther Rc Products

Friends: (0)
Default Deans Type T plug with handy grip cover

Hello everyone,

New in, is these very unique deans ultra type t plug, with a very handy grip cover to save pulling on your soldered wires and fracturing your solder joints.

Makes it a lot easier to unplug

Let me know your thoughts

The Panther Rc Products Team

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DEANS TYPE CONNECTOR WITH GRIP SLEAVE CABLE COVER.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	153740  
Old 10-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane

Club: AMA number is: 934723
Friends: (10)

I likey!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Henry Sistrunk

View Henry Sistrunk's Gallery69
Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 
Friends: (13)

Looks really good. Sometimes I have a problem but I never pull on the wires.
Henry
Old 10-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #4
Octavius
Alien Surfer

Club: Renegade Air Force
Friends: (3)

We all probably have 16-12 gauge wire on there. Just solder it right and pull on the darn wires. Plus I'd rather have Deans and pull on the wires than questionable "Dean type".

Old 10-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
Joe 1320
Super Contributor

View Joe 1320's Gallery47
Friends: (2)

hard to tell without seeing them in person.

Owner of the Atomic RC Workshop.

The Flying part is easy.... it's the landings that will do you in. :p
Old 10-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #6
Old Fart
Lost at LAX

Friends: (6)

I've never pulled a wire off a standard sized Deans yet....

Jeff/LAX
(don't panic - I don't land the planes)
(but I've been known to lie.....)
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #7
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

View Larry3215's Gallery63
Club: Kitsap ARCS & E-FLAPS
Awards Showcase

90 Minute Thermal Duration  60 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration  4kW 
Friends: (21)

I dont much like titling a thread with the name of the product you're ripping off.

At least have the decency to come right out and call it a Deans clone or Deans rippoff so people know what they are buying.

I think I need a signature.
Larry
Old 10-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #8
Panther Rc Products

In my title it does say deans TYPE not deans original so people do know what they are buying
Old 10-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #9
Henry Sistrunk

Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

Not in your title. Down buried in your post.
Henry
Old 10-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #10
Larry3215

Awards Showcase

90 Minute Thermal Duration  60 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration  4kW 

Where?
Deans T plug with handy grip cover

Larry
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
Henry Sistrunk

Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

. He says Deans Ultra Type

Henry
Old 10-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #12
Octavius
Alien Surfer

Send me a sample and I'll try them.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:24 AM   #13
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Club: Arizona Model Aviators
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (27)

I figured the easiest thing to do would be to edit the thread title to match the description in the thread body, which I have just done.

Pat Gagnon

Owner - Nico Hobbies

Your source for micro pusher jets!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:30 AM   #14
TheWoodCrafter

If you are pulling on the wire and the solder joint fails, it was not soldered right to begin with and you are lucky you found it now.

Nice looking plug thought. Doesn't need shrink tubing.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:50 AM   #15
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Blimey ... some people are touchy !!

Given that many posts on threads about Deans TYPE plugs moan about gripping the body to pull apart ... the guy has come up with a solution.

Personally - I have no trouble with my Deans TYPE plugs ... and don't need a 'grip' .... but that's me.

But a simple solution if you are a cheapskate like me ... is a piece of tape .. passed round each plug with pins / sockets clear ... ends together to make a tab to pull on.

As to poster who doesn't like Deans Clone plugs ... I use clone plugs of ebay and have no trouble at all with them. I buy a bag of them and they do very well on my models ..... another guy in the fly group I'm in insists on genuine Deans ......... when he showed me and also gave link to seller ... I doubt actually that they are genuine ... but the price he pays is a lot higher than I do for basically same plug !!

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 10-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
Octavius
Alien Surfer

In general I'm not against clones but I've experienced some that are very good and you can't tell the difference from the real deal. Then others that have been complete junk. Because of this I feel I can't predict what I'll be getting so to be sure I only buy the real thing now.

If this guy is making a quality product it's not the buyers fault for not buying them. Blame the other unscrupulous manufactures turning out crap.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 AM   #17
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
In general I'm not against clones but I've experienced some that are very good and you can't tell the difference from the real deal. Then others that have been complete junk. Because of this I feel I can't predict what I'll be getting so to be sure I only buy the real thing now.

If this guy is making a quality product it's not the buyers fault for not buying them. Blame the other unscrupulous manufactures turning out crap.
I ran across a "Deans Type" connector in a fellow club members $$$$ gas turbine model last week. He had just fired up the wet turbine, and was getting ready to taxi when the turbine shut down. After retrieving the model, got my trusty Craftsman #82369 digital clamp on meter, and found no power from the LiFe battery to the turbine computer.

Didn't take long to figure out what happened. That "Deans Type" connector did not have a spring tension device in it. It was depending on the plastic shell alone to provide contact pressure. Just wiggling that connector was enough to shut down the turbine.

For those that have never seen a wet turbine model engine shut down in flight, without power those turbine jets have the flying characteristics of an lead brick. And an off field landing of a heavy turbine with a very fast landing speed in a plowed field is certain to cause at least $500 damage, and very likely far more. That cheap "Deans Type" connector that came with the battery nearly did that turbine model in.

(The Panther connector looks to have a pressure spring in it, per the photo on posting #1 on this thread.)

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 10-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #18
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

i purchased the deans "type" plugs from hobbyking with the grip ribs for easyer handeling[before deans sue hk]...that spring pc would break off so the connections would fail.

got rid of them all and paid the higher price for true deans,no more issues.

so like other said,i'm sure some knockoffs are good,but which ones,i'm not chancing a crashed plane for saving a few bucks.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 10-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #19
TheWoodCrafter

That's just great.

I just ordered a bag of Deans plugs from HobbyKing.
Old 10-13-2011, 05:36 AM   #20
Larry3215

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Octavius View Post

In addition to the generaly low quality of clones, my main objection is that I dont believe in giving money to thieves.

It encourages more of the same thing.

It also discourages innovation and hurts small businesses like the Deans folks, often to the point of ruin.

Just look at Medusa, E-Flightline or any number of other small outfits that have gone away in the last couple of years due to cheap clones.

If this trend continues there may well be no quality components available. The only option will be to fly with junk.

Keep in mind too that the Chinese are doing the same thing in many many different markets. Making cheap clones or just producing items so cheaply that no one else can compete and stay in business. Things like taking over the rare earth industry world wide just to name one example that was recently in the news. Look at the steal industry, many different raw materials and not to mention manufactured goods like electronics.

When all the local jobs are finally gone and there are no other sources for what you want to buy except China - do you think the prices will stay this low? Do you suppose the quality will go up when they raise the prices?

I know Im speaking to deaf ears but think it through.

Larry
Old 10-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #21
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
When all the local jobs are finally gone and there are no other sources for what you want to buy except China
Just go to just about any store nowdays, and try to find any tools, electronic equipment, you name it, and try to find something NOT made in China. We're pretty close to that right now.

But, apparently when the US tries to sell something to China, all sorts of road blocks show up. Or, they steal the design.

Some 20 years ago, the company I worked for sold 200 13KV 600 amp 1200 pound circuit breakers to S. Korea. We got one back that had a failure of a critical latch in the trip mechanism. Did a lot of secondary damage to the powerlines downline.

Problem was, we didn't build it, the whole thing was counterfeit, even down to the circuit board, and serial number brass plate. And they used soft aluminum rather than hardened steel for the latch.

I traveled to S. Korea three times in the mid 1980's. The third time was to put on training schools on those 1200 pound circuit breakers and their electronic controls. They set up a half dozen of them on the third floor of their training center. I noted, no elevators.

Their response to my question, the "Workers" hauled up those breakers up three flights of stairs, by carrying them. That's 300 pounds each. No OSHA rules over there, or probably not in a lot of other countries producing cheap goods for the USA.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #22
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

I use Dean clones of ebay ... a bag of 20 sets for about $8 ....

All have spring tongues and all work. All have good solder characteristics - they have to as my soldering is rubbish.

I agree that buying as I do hurts true companies .... but it also has to be said that many companies that people say are the best, branded reputable names ........ they use chinese factories to produce their items and then load price because of name.

Back in 70's ... 80's ... Japanese model kit manufacturers flooded UK / Europe with beuatiful kits with the best Die-cutting ever seen. Parts were so accurate you could build a model literally without jig or pegs. I built a Pilot Kits Zlin Akrobat literally in my hands ... full built up wings etc. ... using CA. UK / Europe kit manufacturers didn't stand a chance against this. Pricing was same ... but quality of kit was far higher. This killed of local guys ... Japanese kits then had majority of market ... similar to cars ... and prices went up.

You cannot blame people for buying cheap ... money is short for most of us now ... I know for me - I get now less than I had 10yrs ago. But my bills are higher.

China is under pressure itself now .. emerging nations that could take work from them ... Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Vietnam .. just to name a few.

USA is riding high at moment because GWB let the $ slide ... and made US cars etc. cheap for Europe people to buy ........ something that is now tailing of as currency troubles strike at EU etc. But what I say in this point is that USA has flooded Europe with crap cars at below Europe prices ...

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 10-13-2011, 07:20 AM   #23
Larry3215

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I use Dean clones of ebay ... a bag of 20 sets for about $8 ....

All have spring tongues and all work. All have good solder characteristics - they have to as my soldering is rubbish.

I agree that buying as I do hurts true companies .... but it also has to be said that many companies that people say are the best, branded reputable names ........ they use chinese factories to produce their items and then load price because of name.

Back in 70's ... 80's ... Japanese model kit manufacturers flooded UK / Europe with beuatiful kits with the best Die-cutting ever seen. Parts were so accurate you could build a model literally without jig or pegs. I built a Pilot Kits Zlin Akrobat literally in my hands ... full built up wings etc. ... using CA. UK / Europe kit manufacturers didn't stand a chance against this. Pricing was same ... but quality of kit was far higher. This killed of local guys ... Japanese kits then had majority of market ... similar to cars ... and prices went up.

You cannot blame people for buying cheap ... money is short for most of us now ... I know for me - I get now less than I had 10yrs ago. But my bills are higher.

China is under pressure itself now .. emerging nations that could take work from them ... Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, Vietnam .. just to name a few.

USA is riding high at moment because GWB let the $ slide ... and made US cars etc. cheap for Europe people to buy ........ something that is now tailing of as currency troubles strike at EU etc. But what I say in this point is that USA has flooded Europe with crap cars at below Europe prices ...
I will only take serious exception to that one point I highlighted above.

Its most certainly NOT just name you are paying for.

Its also quality, customer service and warranty.

For example, Hacker insists their motors made in China are to the same spec as the ones made in Germany. Far and away better than the clones you get from Hobby City in quality and efficiency.

Then add on the customer service, warranty service and parts service - AND added performance AND added efficiency AND added life expectancy.

Those items are not free or even cheap.

You do get what you pay for in most cases.

This is a common excuse many many people use to justify buying cheap clones and rip off items.

Its easy to say "Oh well, the guys who invented this product and spent all that time and money doing the research and development and marketing dont deserve to stay in business because they are over charging."

Horse manure.

You cant expect any company anywhere to compete against wages that amount to pennies a day especially when the competitor/thief/ripoff artist is using substandard components, provides zero customer service and zero warranty and has no research and development or marketing costs to recoup.

Sorry for the rant. That particular argument just gets me boiling. if you had ever owned your own business you would know better.

Larry
Old 10-13-2011, 07:48 AM   #24
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Larry3215 View Post
I will only take serious exception to that one point I highlighted above.

Its most certainly NOT just name you are paying for.

Its also quality, customer service and warranty.

For example, Hacker insists their motors made in China are to the same spec as the ones made in Germany. Far and away better than the clones you get from Hobby City in quality and efficiency.

Then add on the customer service, warranty service and parts service - AND added performance AND added efficiency AND added life expectancy.

Those items are not free or even cheap.

You do get what you pay for in most cases.

This is a common excuse many many people use to justify buying cheap clones and rip off items.

Its easy to say "Oh well, the guys who invented this product and spent all that time and money doing the research and development and marketing dont deserve to stay in business because they are over charging."

Horse manure.

You cant expect any company anywhere to compete against wages that amount to pennies a day especially when the competitor/thief/ripoff artist is using substandard components, provides zero customer service and zero warranty and has no research and development or marketing costs to recoup.

Sorry for the rant. That particular argument just gets me boiling. if you had ever owned your own business you would know better.
a) I own 3 companys.
b) I have R&D managers as close friends of two worldwide companies - one Mobile Phone, other Computer items.

Let's take the Phone company - who are regarded as world leaders in this field.

They had production in various locations in the world. Europe / UK and USA failed dismally on production line returns .. and were late on delivery.
The Chinese factory had a near 99% success rate on production line AND delivered on time.

Guess who got shut down ? Yes all production went to China. Even though they knew full well that clones of their phones with same battery packs, parts etc. were coming of the line. I couldn't understand why they would carry on using the factory ...... simple answer. The Mobile company charged the premium price that the brand name allowed, people still bought the brand name and the clone side was in their eye's not sufficient to warrant change of production location.

You may boil at my post ... your opinion is as valid as mine. But don't forget that such bastions of US Business such as IBM ... had all their Computers for years built in China ... finally giving over to Lenovo ...

Don't get me wrong ... iof a company provides back-up, support, after sales care - then great and I pay for it. But here we are talking 20 cent items ... deans plugs ............

I drive a Volvo XC70 ..... comfortable, reliable, with the T5 chip I have in it ... FAST !. Guess who now owns Volvo ?

Old 10-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #25
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Club: Arizona Model Aviators
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (27)

Good idea.

Pat Gagnon

Owner - Nico Hobbies

Your source for micro pusher jets!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > New Product Announcements