Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-12-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)
info Switching Turnigy 9X Mode 1 to mode 2

Has anyone one bought the Turnigiy 9x 2.4 mode 1, and switched it to mode 2?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8991

Friend of mine wants one of these after seeing, and using one at float fly this past weekend, but all they have in stock is mode 1. The owner of the TX said the modes can be switched, but didn't elaborate on the process hence the question

Hope one of you can help him out he wants to pull the trigger on one of the mode 1 if it can be switched.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Yes it can be done easily ...

Springs / ratchet change from right to left stick .... inside by taking back of etc.

Menu will give choice of all Mode sticks styles and automatically swap throttle hold to act on correct stick etc.

Download the Imax 9X manual and it's all in there ...

You could of course join our FlySky Yahoo group - the Turnigy and other 9X are rebranded FlySky radios ....

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

There we have various set-up routines, manuals etc. and like-minded budget owners.

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 PM   #3
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Thanks Solentlife I will pass this info on to him he was impressed with the radio and the performance of it, along with the price.
The owner loved the radio, and had nothing but good to say about it.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
Henry Sistrunk

View Henry Sistrunk's Gallery69
Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 
Friends: (13)

I have 2 Turnigy 9X transmitters and 18, 8 channel receivers. Really like the radios and have had no problems.
Henry
Old 10-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #5
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I have to say that I had niggles with the FlySky Module and Receivers ... vers B sets .... which are the latest.
I swapped out and fitted FrSky module and Rx's ........... and never had an issue again. Total good performance from the gear.

I was always a bit wary of the B rx where it has the single dipole antena. I cannot say I have experience to say it didn't work ... I know that many are using these B Rx's without problem. I just felt that the dual antena FrSky Rx was worth the "feel-good factor" .... for same money.

The radio is cheap ... no-one can ever say it is quality. But it works, fits the hands nicely and with high capacity NiMH's in the battery bay - outlasts other radios with charge. My 9X has 2600 mAh NiMh over counter cells fitted and I can fly all weekend without worries .. (estimated use time is about 9 - 10hrs total).

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros