Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Support & Testing > Support & Suggestions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Support & Suggestions If you need tech support post your question here or site suggestions too.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #1
RONALDO_UK

Friends: (0)
Default Post reply/ quick reply:

Hi - am I a magnet for problems??
On many occasions when I try to "Post Reply" or submit a "Quick Reply" (what's the difference??), my pc chugs away for a minute or more then I get a blank webpage with the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". When I go back (pressing back button), my reply has been erased?? I now take the precaution of copying my replies before submission so I can try again.
I've been told to delete cookies before submitting a reply but this doesn't make any difference.
I'm prepared to concede it could be my internet connection but I don't have this problem elsewhere.
Has anyone else experienced this problem??

Regards.
PS I've copied the above too!!

Old 10-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
RONALDO_UK

Friends: (0)
Default Post reply/ quick reply:

This new thread went 1st time!!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
mred
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

45 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration 
Friends: (3)

Isn't that the way it always works??? You try and get an answer to something and everything works great. I have had to go through the same thing you do every once in awhile and I have no idea what it is. Most of the time it works great, but every once in awhile it just doesn't want me to post. I think it may be something in my register that gets messed up. I run Norton and get everything cleaned up and it seems to work fine after that. Just get some garbage in there once in awhile I guess.

Ed

Old 10-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
Turner
Super Contributor

At the bottom of this and every other thread page is the quick reply pane. Type your message in the field and click on the 'post quick reply' button and you are done. Alternatively you can click on the 'go advanced' button. This takes you to another page with other features allowing you to attach pictures or other items. The 'post reply' button at the top of the thread brings you to this same advanced page.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
mred
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

45 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration 
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Turner View Post
At the bottom of this and every other thread page is the quick reply pane. Type your message in the field and click on the 'post quick reply' button and you are done. Alternatively you can click on the 'go advanced' button. This takes you to another page with other features allowing you to attach pictures or other items. The 'post reply' button at the top of the thread brings you to this same advanced page.
I agree that is the way it is supposed to work, but some times my computer has a mind of it's own and won't let me post. I have to do it 2 or 3 times to get the post up, so I copy it just in case I loose it trying to post. I think it is my computer doing that and not the board, at least for me. Right now I can't get an attachment to go through. Every time I try and load it, it comes back after awhile saying loading failed and dumps what I had loaded. Don't know why it is doing that either.

Ed

Old 10-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #6
Turner
Super Contributor

I've never had any trouble like that here. I do know what it's like to work on something for a half hour or more and then lose it. Definitely better to copy and save something if you've spent a lot of time on it.

Closed Thread

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Support & Testing > Support & Suggestions