Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default E-Flite 25E Advanced Low Wing Balsa Quick With 32 Brushless Motor

The E-Flite 25E Advanced Low Wing, found rather predicable in handling, easy take off, handles brisk winds, abit fast with the 32 brushless motor. But it will fly slower and stay airborne, landing neads touch of speed but with any headwind a deadstick is quite pleasing. Found a touch of down elevator with my settings correct.

This again is a low wing so not a first plane, but its performance and easy responses are off the chart with the few flights todate, likely won't tire flying this puppie.

The sizeable plus 52 inch wing gives it stability, narrow ailerons but long and very responsive, plenty of elevator and rudder for your choice of manuvering.

Very comfortable with its landing and first did the grass landing and groomed grass wheels are sizeable for here, but wihen your ready floats in for nice touchdowns, and again pleased it deadsticks so well as my favored landing.

Few planes under your belt, and you won't go wrong with this one, its a beauty to fly.

Here's a close look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL3-8p8L5CE

MY early flight just this morning, gusts easily over 20 MPH as my hat pops off ending of video, it landed great but my cam battery went dead, gads,.
Not a greart video as no cameraman but does give a clue to its nice speed with the 32 brushless at only half throttle !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXa7j8PqTak
Old 10-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Does have abit of long glide on landings, a steady breeze tames things, but keep some speed up on landing as low throttle or drop the nose for airspeed if you prefer deadstick as I do. On early ventures just alow some extra room, else it behaves as expected. Now have little issue on landing on pavement.

If your after a plane that handles wind, this is one of them, tho low quality check the above youtube flight in over 20 MPH gusts, penetrates with ease.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
dkrhardy

Club: AMA & ECRCC & RAMM
Friends: (3)

Very hard to see anything in the video, the plane is far enough away that it is a speck flying through the frame from time to time. But I believe you. Why no landing in the video?
Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #4
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

As no cameraman, also abit windy so not able to make the low pass. Hope to have a better future video.

Reason no landing pictured is the dang battery went dead in the camera, gads. It does land rather well.
Heading out shortly, here we goooooo.

Tnx for your inquiry.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners