Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > WWI Era
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

WWI Era Discuss all your favorite WWI warbirds here!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
wattman

View wattman's Gallery1
Friends: (6)
Default lightest wing loading ARF biplane 4 ch

A lot of us love the slow flying 250 size biplanes , relaxing planes to fly .

I would like a 4 channel ARF biplane with a LOW wing loading to fly and enjoy slow flight and landings . And in my searches the lowest wing loading ARF bipe that I have found is the Electrifly SE5a , which comes in at ,
Wingspan: 34" (864mm)
Wing Area: 420 sq in
Weight: 1.3-1.5lb
Wing Loading: 7.5-8.2 oz/sq ft

I have and fly one already ,and it is 24 oz total flying , and enjoy it a LOT ,
AND I also have the GWS TM400 also , but I was wondering if there was maybe a slower flying bipe with even less of a wing loading available ? Or do I already have the two lightest wing loading , 4 ch , ARF biplanes , available .

And I wondered if anyone knew of one ?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #2
road king 97
old hat

Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by wattman View Post
A lot of us love the slow flying 250 size biplanes , relaxing planes to fly .

I would like a 4 channel ARF biplane with a LOW wing loading to fly and enjoy slow flight and landings . And in my searches the lowest wing loading ARF bipe that I have found is the Electrifly SE5a , which comes in at ,
Wingspan: 34" (864mm)
Wing Area: 420 sq in
Weight: 1.3-1.5lb
Wing Loading: 7.5-8.2 oz/sq ft

I have and fly one already ,and it is 24 oz total flying , and enjoy it a LOT , but I was wondering if there was maybe a slower flying bipe with even less of a wing loading available ?

And I wondered if anyone knew of one ?

Thanks
The foam ones are going to be your best bet i think. If you scratch build a balsa one you could keep the weight down but its hard to find a light bipe arf out of balsa cause they have to mass produce them. Here is a cute bibe that i would convert to electric .http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=1355 Its a free download .Here is one that should be easy to build.http://www.outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=816

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > WWI Era