Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pattern aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pattern aircraft Discuss electric powered pattern aircraft in here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-26-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
dumpsterjay
It's all in the thumbs

View dumpsterjay's Gallery37
Club: Kitsap ARCS
Friends: (1)
Default World Models Super Tai Ji 40ep

I recently bought a World Models Super Tai Ji 40ep. I wanted a pattern plane that was a little bigger then my 47" Osiris, But Smaller then My 62" Osiris.
The Super Tai Ji fit the bill, wingspan of 52" and AUW of 3lbs 12 1/2 ozs. I am still using the same size 4s 2650mAh lipo that I'm using in the 47" Osiris. I'm able to get 5 min flights and that's enough to practice the Advanced AMA Sequence.

I love my 62" & 47" Osiris Pattern Planes and I can't say enough good things about them, But I think that there's room for one more love in my hanger and the Super Tai Ji will fill that space nicely.

I only managed to put 9 flights on the Super Tai Ji before the weather forced me to hang it up for awhile, But we usually have some decent weather in Dec. Here's Hoping, As I would like to get the Tai Ji 40 a little more dialed in for Pattern work.

I would recommend this Airframe to anyone looking for a plane about the size of the Sequence. It was a easy build, and I used all of the hardware that came with the ARF. Everything fit and the covering on mine was almost perfect, maybe one or two small wrinkles, but not bad enough for me to get the covering Iron out.
Try One you Might Like It.
J

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Super TaiJi (40) 002 (800x601).jpg
Views:	280
Size:	688.0 KB
ID:	155105   Click image for larger version

Name:	Super TaiJi (40) 003 (800x668).jpg
Views:	331
Size:	647.6 KB
ID:	155106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Super TaiJi (40) 004 (800x601).jpg
Views:	277
Size:	641.0 KB
ID:	155107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Super TaiJi (40) 005 (800x601).jpg
Views:	212
Size:	560.3 KB
ID:	155108  
Old 11-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
EDFrules
GravesRC enabler d:)

View EDFrules's Gallery65
Club: I wouldn't be part of any club that would have me!
Awards Showcase

3kW 
Friends: (9)
Smile

Thanks for the report DJ. Have sold a couple at my store and haven't heard back any flight reports yet. Figured it would fly well just by looking at it! If it looks like a duck...Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

GoBrushless.com/3DHobbyshop.com
Shulman Aviation.com
Fusion-Pack.com /blakehilson.com http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Old 11-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
dumpsterjay
It's all in the thumbs

View dumpsterjay's Gallery37
Club: Kitsap ARCS
Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by EDFrules View Post
Thanks for the report DJ. Have sold a couple at my store and haven't heard back any flight reports yet. Figured it would fly well just by looking at it! If it looks like a duck...Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

I was really surprised at how well it flew right off of the table, so to speak, a little bit of trim and I had it flying well enough to go right into practicing the AMA Pattern sequence. (I'm not happy with my current C/G, but will get that set, So I can start trimming for pattern work.)

I don't know how many others would be interested in a pattern plane of this size, (I would like to see more pattern planes of this size 52" to 55") but it does a good job on the AMA pattern. I would say, in the right hands, it would even be competitive and the best part, you don't break the bank setting one up.

J

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pattern aircraft