Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default Revell Proto Max Helicopter RC Sales Low $40

Always checking sales found the Revell FP Fixed Pitch at $42 from Tower Hobbies, likely being discontinued sure will find these at 1/2 price. Only issue can detect is at slower scale flight will rock, else flys quite smooth as flew earlier in lager gym area and piece of cake handling. These are more responsive than the coaxial but has decent handling. Lipo flight battery is charged in slot from the transmitter. Looking for a bargain, this may be one for you.

Only my 2nd flight with this one, should be fun.

Old 12-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Tho the internal transmitter charge for lipo works, decided to get an AC charger to save the flight times, so uped the ante to $19. Like this one, if it stays together will post an indoor gym flight where it shows its stull and flys smoother. Fun heli todate.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #3
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Still a fun flyer, use to a FP, this one is easy to fly indoors, fun orientation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuMDA...e_gdata_player
Old 01-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #4
Kinflight

Friends: (0)

Ohh i am brand new to RC helli's but i dont want the crappy ones you get at the toy store. Would this one help me learn to fly the more advanced ones?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:08 AM   #5
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

This one is a fixed pitch FP, abit more advanced to fly than the coaxials. But other than the slight rock motion this Revell can be fun to fly. Can find the Revell sometimes at $40 to $56!
E-Flite MSR is even a better FP nicer handling.
Coaxials are the suggested starters, so stable some tire with these, and go to the FP.
Note I didn't like to use the transmitter to charge flight battery on the Revell, so added cost for the AC charger.
Having flown both the MSR and the Revell, MSR is my favored. But both are certainly fun to fly even indoors.

Here's a clip on my MSR, doing abit of over control, after practice fly well inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvw2P...e_gdata_player
Old 01-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #6
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Both of these are above the toy store level indeed. Are other models out there that also fly rather well. These are the Micro sized versions, amazingly handle quite well. Besides E-Flite enjoy the Walkera series. Good Luck.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Delay on your good question will this one help on moving up to the more advanced flyers. Definitely would help, as is a FP. Controversey on if FP are necessary to step up to the example responsive CP. I've personally had issues with orientation, especially helis! FP seemed to help. So my personal answer is, yes. My CP road fun but can see why it gives fits to advance for many.

Note the latest series of helis are now flybarless, I'm amazed how well most handle, amazed more efficient and stable.

Taking a long look at the MSR X, videos etc, not a beginner Heli, might be my next venture.

Need help so eventually fly the CP as Novus 125, I need practice tho manage 1 1/2 minute hover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaf5t...e_gdata_player

Revell continues to be a fun flyer

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis