Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-10-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
Dragonflyer

Friends: (0)
Default "Model" Airplanes

Has the "model" in model airplanes come back.
Now it seems there are scads of planes in the "less than 5ft wingspan" category. Micro's, mini's, EDF's. Stuff that will set in the back seat of almost any car. (Cooper or Smart, don't know about them ???) And at reasonable costs for youths to get into the hobby. Fly indoors/outdoors, front yard, backyard, living room !!!

Bill
Old 12-10-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

AND, just look at 'em! I'm picking up a used one of these tomorrow.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a333-14...ract-flap.html

The pilot looks a little small, as do the main wheels, but hey.... 4 bladed prop that works, retracting tail wheel... My buddy has the yellow version. The formation flying should be pretty cool!

As for the size of the planes vs the cars, I should try to get pics of some of the big stunt pilots at our field, like the ones that are HUGE, and have them stuffed into RAV4's and the like!

Oh, and I think the electric power is a huge help. I don't think these foamies and many of the smaller models would be feasible with nitro.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions