Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
SPH

Friends: (0)
Default 10XP Dual Pack Charging Error

I am having a hard time trying to charge dual 4S 4000 packs at the same time. I get the message |CH 1 BAD S COUNT| when I try to start a charge. |NODE WIRING FMA|

I am able to charge both of the packs through the CH1 port one pack at a time without any issues. I have checked the banana plugs and all seems correct. I have tried swapping the balance boards without any luck.

Please point me towards what I am not seeing that I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.

Originally Posted by SPH View Post
I am having a hard time trying to charge dual 4S 4000 packs at the same time. I get the message |CH 1 BAD S COUNT| when I try to start a charge. |NODE WIRING FMA|

I am able to charge both of the packs through the CH1 port one pack at a time without any issues. I have checked the banana plugs and all seems correct. I have tried swapping the balance boards without any luck.

Please point me towards what I am not seeing that I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Hi:

You're using Revolectrix/FMA Direct adapter boards? You have to use FMA WIRING MODE if so. Sounds like you might have intentionally or accidentally put the unit into XH WIRING mode. Check the user guide, starting page 20 "Options Menu Explained" to find out how to change WIRING MODE. Also, see pages starting at 20 for diagrams of pack wiring.

http://revolectrix.fmadirect.com/sup.../item_1375.pdf

This get you going?

Tim Marks
Old 12-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
SPH

Default XP charging problem

Tim,
Thanks for the QUICK reply! I will check this out.

I checked between the two yellow banana jacks and they show an open. I don't know how, but I apparently connected the banana jacks up wrong and caused the problem. I'll head to the electronics supplier Friday and pick up a few replacement fuses. Can you verify that the fuse rating is 15Amps?

I will then re-read the pages you mentioned and check the settings. I am using the XH and EH adaptor board for use with my Blue Lipo packs.

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve
Old 12-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.

Tim,
Thanks for the QUICK reply! I will check this out.

I checked between the two yellow banana jacks and they show an open. I don't know how, but I apparently connected the banana jacks up wrong and caused the problem. I'll head to the electronics supplier Friday and pick up a few replacement fuses. Can you verify that the fuse rating is 15Amps?

I will then re-read the pages you mentioned and check the settings. I am using the XH and EH adaptor board for use with my Blue Lipo packs.

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve
Hi:

If you had come back and said the 10XP WIRING MODE was set correctly, the internal fuse is the next thing I would have asked you to check. So, sounds like you found the problem. Yes, replace with 15A fuse. The smaller Auto blade fuses make good replacements, but even the normal size will fit.

Tim Marks
Old 12-16-2011, 04:23 AM   #5
SPH

Default XP charging problem solved

Tim,

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to have a part number for the fuse used in your chargers? If not I would like to purchase a few extras from you for the future. Please let me know the cost and i will send payment.

Really great to work with a company that cares so much for their customers. I will be ordering more of your chargers as a result!

Rhanks again,

Steve
Old 12-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #6
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.

Tim,

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to have a part number for the fuse used in your chargers? If not I would like to purchase a few extras from you for the future. Please let me know the cost and i will send payment.

Really great to work with a company that cares so much for their customers. I will be ordering more of your chargers as a result!

Rhanks again,

Steve
Hi:

Contact Howard Matos via email at howard@fmadirect.com Tell him you were talking with me in Watt Flyer and tell him what you need. I figure we'll have some stock of these and he can send you out a couple.

Tim Marks

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct