Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
SPH
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default 10XP Dual Pack Charging Error

I am having a hard time trying to charge dual 4S 4000 packs at the same time. I get the message |CH 1 BAD S COUNT| when I try to start a charge. |NODE WIRING FMA|

I am able to charge both of the packs through the CH1 port one pack at a time without any issues. I have checked the banana plugs and all seems correct. I have tried swapping the balance boards without any luck.

Please point me towards what I am not seeing that I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
SPH is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #2
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 111
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by SPH View Post
I am having a hard time trying to charge dual 4S 4000 packs at the same time. I get the message |CH 1 BAD S COUNT| when I try to start a charge. |NODE WIRING FMA|

I am able to charge both of the packs through the CH1 port one pack at a time without any issues. I have checked the banana plugs and all seems correct. I have tried swapping the balance boards without any luck.

Please point me towards what I am not seeing that I am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Hi:

You're using Revolectrix/FMA Direct adapter boards? You have to use FMA WIRING MODE if so. Sounds like you might have intentionally or accidentally put the unit into XH WIRING mode. Check the user guide, starting page 20 "Options Menu Explained" to find out how to change WIRING MODE. Also, see pages starting at 20 for diagrams of pack wiring.

http://revolectrix.fmadirect.com/sup.../item_1375.pdf

This get you going?

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:41 AM   #3
SPH
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default XP charging problem

Tim,
Thanks for the QUICK reply! I will check this out.

I checked between the two yellow banana jacks and they show an open. I don't know how, but I apparently connected the banana jacks up wrong and caused the problem. I'll head to the electronics supplier Friday and pick up a few replacement fuses. Can you verify that the fuse rating is 15Amps?

I will then re-read the pages you mentioned and check the settings. I am using the XH and EH adaptor board for use with my Blue Lipo packs.

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve
SPH is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:53 AM   #4
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 111
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by SPH View Post
Tim,
Thanks for the QUICK reply! I will check this out.

I checked between the two yellow banana jacks and they show an open. I don't know how, but I apparently connected the banana jacks up wrong and caused the problem. I'll head to the electronics supplier Friday and pick up a few replacement fuses. Can you verify that the fuse rating is 15Amps?

I will then re-read the pages you mentioned and check the settings. I am using the XH and EH adaptor board for use with my Blue Lipo packs.

Thank you very much for your help.

Steve
Hi:

If you had come back and said the 10XP WIRING MODE was set correctly, the internal fuse is the next thing I would have asked you to check. So, sounds like you found the problem. Yes, replace with 15A fuse. The smaller Auto blade fuses make good replacements, but even the normal size will fit.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:23 AM   #5
SPH
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default XP charging problem solved

Tim,

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to have a part number for the fuse used in your chargers? If not I would like to purchase a few extras from you for the future. Please let me know the cost and i will send payment.

Really great to work with a company that cares so much for their customers. I will be ordering more of your chargers as a result!

Rhanks again,

Steve
SPH is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #6
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 111
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by SPH View Post
Tim,

Thanks for the information. Would you happen to have a part number for the fuse used in your chargers? If not I would like to purchase a few extras from you for the future. Please let me know the cost and i will send payment.

Really great to work with a company that cares so much for their customers. I will be ordering more of your chargers as a result!

Rhanks again,

Steve
Hi:

Contact Howard Matos via email at howard@fmadirect.com Tell him you were talking with me in Watt Flyer and tell him what you need. I figure we'll have some stock of these and he can send you out a couple.

Tim Marks
Tim Marks is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Reply

  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Everything You Wanted To Know About Electric Powered Flight AEAJR Beginners 154 10-20-2014 02:46 PM
Everything You Wanted To Know About Electric Powered Flight AEAJR General Electric Discussions 269 06-27-2014 01:06 PM
Introducing the ALL NEW Cellpro 10XP Charger Howard Matos FMA Direct 0 07-28-2011 02:04 PM
New motor runs HOT! xmech2k Beginners 22 04-24-2011 02:36 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:42 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 WattfFlyer.com
RCU Eflight HQ

Charities we support Select: Yorkie Rescue  ::  Crohn's & Colitis Foundation



Page generated in 0.16912 seconds with 29 queries