Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

FMA Direct Discuss FMA Direct products or ask your support questions.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
ukpete

Friends: (0)
Default FMA CPII + Blade 450 3D

I have a CPII system which I'm planning on installing to my stock Blade 450 3D.

I had a look at the connections and channels on my receiver tonight and I'm a little confused as to what plugs where when looking at the servo connections.

Have you got any advice on how to connect it up to this helicopter?

I'm only using 3 servos for stabilisation I think - 2 aileron and 1 cyclic - is that correct?

I assume then, that I only use the 3 SVO* connections. It also doesn't seem to matter which order the SVO connections get made, just that I must use SVO1->RCV1 and SVO2->RCV2,SVO3->RCV3, is that correct?

I have a DX6i - does anyone know if you can use a channel on that to switch CPII off and on, and if so, how?

Sorry to appear dumb, but I'm just trying to get my head round connecting it up.

Pete

Old 12-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Howard Matos
Production Supervisor

View Howard Matos's Gallery12
Club: Frederick Model Aircraft Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Howard Matos
Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by ukpete View Post
I have a CPII system which I'm planning on installing to my stock Blade 450 3D.

I had a look at the connections and channels on my receiver tonight and I'm a little confused as to what plugs where when looking at the servo connections.

Have you got any advice on how to connect it up to this helicopter?

I'm only using 3 servos for stabilisation I think - 2 aileron and 1 cyclic - is that correct?

I assume then, that I only use the 3 SVO* connections. It also doesn't seem to matter which order the SVO connections get made, just that I must use SVO1->RCV1 and SVO2->RCV2,SVO3->RCV3, is that correct?

I have a DX6i - does anyone know if you can use a channel on that to switch CPII off and on, and if so, how?

Sorry to appear dumb, but I'm just trying to get my head round connecting it up.

Pete

Hi,

Here is some helpful information that should answer your questions:

What servos do I connect to the avionics computer for flight stabilization?
You need to connect the pitch (elevator) and roll (aileron) servos for flight stabilization. For 3D airplane flight modes, you will also need to connect yaw (rudder). For CCPM helicopters, you will also connect collective servo.

For aircraft:

Aileron (1 or 2 channel input)
Elevator (1 or 2 channel input)
Rudder (for 3D mode - must have available input)

Old time aircraft

Rudder
Elevator

For Helicopter:

non CCPM
Cyclic roll (aileron)
Cyclic pitch (elevator)

CCPM
Cyclic roll (aileron)
Cyclic pitch (elevator)
Collective

What is the proper direction to connect servo leads to the avionics computer?
All servo leads, including the CP II sensors and IR router, connect with the black (ground) lead towards the CP II label.

Do the channels on my receiver match up to the inputs on the avionics computer?
No. The servo inputs on the avionics computer are totally independent from the channels on your receiver. Just make sure you connect the servos mentioned in the FAQ "What servos to I connect to the avionics computer for flight stabilization?" above. The order that the servos plug into the avionics computer does not matter. The computer learns the control settings during setup. Just make sure the input numbers match the output numbers; e.g., if you use RCV1 for Elevator, plug the elevator servo into SVO1, etc. Never connect throttle through the CPII avionic computer.

Do I have to connect my gyro control to the avionics computer?
No. The gyro control (1 wire servo lead normally connected to channel 5) is only connected to the avionics computer when you want to free up a channel.

Does it matter which way the vertical sensor is mounted?
Yes! The vertical sensor must be mounted with the arrow pointing towards the sky.

If you have any other questions, please contact me direct at howard@fmadirect.com. Thanks!

Fly More, Fly More Often!!!

http://www.fmadirect.com/

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Company Support Forums > FMA Direct