Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Flight Simulators
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Flight Simulators Discuss computer flight simulators here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

Friends: (2)
Default Microsoft Flight

Don't know if this belongs here, but someone sent me this link, and apparently Microsoft is offering for free "Microsoft Flight" coming this summer.

Thought maybe people might be interested..........

http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/#news

Bob

I thought I was high enough ...........
Old 01-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

Thanks for the link Bob. If it's what I think it is, it's a beta version, but heck, the price is right!

And I think it's very relative here for anyone who wants to learn more about aerodynamics, theory of flight, etc. I used to use Microsoft flight-sims and X-Plane for years before getting into RC, and it made starting to fly RC super easy for me. I soloed my Apprentice on my 2nd flight and never had to buddy box to learn. Of course I learn from reading, watching, and listening at the field, too.

It even helped with orientation, as I used to fly the pattern from the external view, moving the view around the plane to keep the airport in sight. So I was accidentally training myself for that, I guess.

I probably won't be getting MS Flight, though, since my money is tied up in RC stuff instead of up an up to date, powerfull computer!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

Oh, and I forgot, some combat flight sims can be great orientation trainers, too. While dogfighting, some sims have a view option that is external to your plane, and keeps the enemy target centered in the screen no matter where he goes. So imagine the camera panning around to the front of your plane looking back at the target behind you, or wherever, and you have to keep maneuvering to get behind him or keep him off your tail. Great 'right-now' orientation training!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

Friends: (2)

Yes, I used to fly nitro, like 40 years ago and when the kids came I stopped flying to be with the family as much as possible. It was later I did the same thing, kept up the flying skills by using MS Flight Simulator. I must have bought all the different version until they stopped making it. I built my previous computer to specifically play MSFS and UT99. Then came the flight sims for RC and electrics and the kids were gone on their own and I got back into RC about 4 years ago, only this time electrics. I am fortunate to have 50 acres of land around my house in the country so I can fly anytime the weather is good for it. The MSFS is now on the shelf and Realflight is loaded instead.

From the looks of things the post beta version of MS Flight maybe free also, only time will tell.

I see your from San Diego CA, I was in the Navy Air and stationed at Miramar Air Station in the mid 60's when it was a Navy base, now of course it is a Marine base and home of Top Gun.

I thought I was high enough ...........
Old 01-19-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
tarheal63

Send a message via AIM to tarheal63 Send a message via Yahoo to tarheal63
Friends: (3)

I was just accepted to the Beta for this program. I will post my findings within limitations of the NDA.

HZ SuperCub. PZ Spit(Older), Dynam EZ Hawk, GWS A-10(prop), HL F9F Panther, GWS ME-109, E-Flite P-47D, Jodel BeBe 9, HL Wicked Wabbit P-47, BL Slow Stick, PZ T-28, Electrifly SE-5A, HL Mig-15, PZ Stinson, Quad and Tricopters
AMA #973528

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Flight Simulators