Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
synrgy

Friends: (0)
Default Aussie Pilots - Where are you buying your kits/ARF planes from ?

Calling aussie pilots!

Im new to this hobby of flying. Although i did own a Hirobo Sceadu 50 a while back...

Where are you buying your kits from ? It seems alot of the kits are overseas & people are charging a fortune on shipping for them.

I know of the NSW hobbyking warehouse & have picked up a few ARF's from there but I really want to get some balsa kits to build as that is my favourite part of the hobby. I genrally build stuff & then it sits on my shelf looking nice. The building part is what i really enjoy. Im a technical hands on type of guy & need to fix everything myself & never trust anyone working on my rc cars, motorcycles & planes..

I get alot of my electronics from hobbyking HK or towerhobbies.

Are there any good kit builders in australia apart from Precision aerobatics that i can look into ? Or any dealers overseas that wont charge an arm & a leg for shipping to australia ?

I was looking into House Of Balsa - Does anyone know what they charge for shipping a kit to AU ?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 01-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Tinlid

I looked a couple years back at kits but the avalibility and variety i found was limited they are out there just got to keep searching have you tried Googling house of balsa to get pricing.

Keep smiling and fly when you can
Old 01-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
synrgy

Ive checked out there website. Hoping there are some other experienced flyers out there that are into kit building..
Old 01-13-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
Tinlid

Best keep an eye out on Scratch and kit building post's put a post there and see what pop's up.

Keep smiling and fly when you can

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions