Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #1
rceepilot

Friends: (0)
Question YF-23 retracts.....help!

I have a YF-23 EDF, made by LX. The front landing gear came off on a landing. There was NO damage to landing gear, nor to plane. Before I re-installed the front gear, I checked to see that it worked. It does work, however, it now goes in the opposite direction of the main landing gear. When the main gear are going up, the front is going down and vice versa. Is the problem with the retract controller, or the front gear? I changed the main & front gear positions on the retract controller, but it made no difference.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,988 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (304)

I think the problem is with the front gear, The motor timing to LG position may be 180 Degrees out of Phase, you may need to disassemble the motor to LG, run the retract motor then hook everything back up again, Hope that helps, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDrzsqDhKEQ

Maybe you can contact this person on Youtube to find out what he did ro fix the problem

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #4
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Unplug the mains from the Y with the nosegear. Cycle the nosegearto the same position as the mains. plug things back in. Test.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #5
rceepilot

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
I think the problem is with the front gear, The motor timing to LG position may be 180 Degrees out of Phase, you may need to disassemble the motor to LG, run the retract motor then hook everything back up again, Hope that helps, Chellie
Thanks, I'll try it.......I've tried everything else.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #6
rceepilot

Not the same landing gear.
Old 09-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #7
rceepilot

Originally Posted by fhhuber View Post
Unplug the mains from the Y with the nosegear. Cycle the nosegearto the same position as the mains. plug things back in. Test.
Did that more than once in both the up & down positions......did not work. Tried to change positions on the controller....no change.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:25 AM   #8
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

If it worked correctly before and doesn't work correctly now... something is damaged and you can't trust the retract that isn't operating correctly.

I was hoping that these were like a set of retracts that I have which will cycle from current position to the other each time you flip the switch and have no defined relationship to switch position. Unplug one and flip the switch then plug the one back in and its out of sequence compared to the others. (not a bright design in my opinion but it works)
Old 09-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
rceepilot

Thumbs up YF-23 retracts fixed!

I reversed the polarity when connecting the front gear, and it now works. It is now connected at the front gear, red to black, instead of red to red. I believe that is how they were connected from the factory (little did I know). I am sure all of those motors operate in the same direction. So to get the front gear going forward toward the nose of the plane, as the mains were going toward the back of the plane, they reversed the polarity connection. Anyway......all is now good.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1139.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	170600 black to red
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1140.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	170601 front gear
Old 09-03-2013, 10:40 PM   #10
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by rceepilot View Post
I reversed the polarity when connecting the front gear, and it now works. It is now connected at the front gear, red to black, instead of red to red. I believe that is how they were connected from the factory (little did I know). I am sure all of those motors operate in the same direction. So to get the front gear going forward toward the nose of the plane, as the mains were going toward the back of the plane, they reversed the polarity connection. Anyway......all is now good.
Cool, glad you were able to get it fixed, Take care, Chellie

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets

Tags
retract controller , retracts , yf-23