Mine had servo issues, causing the elevator to jam. Be careful, check the servos pre-maiden. More in rcgroups about this.
Yeah, like 100 cycles. Not a bad idea with any servo, but these ones especially. I believe Horizon actually tests the servos, which would put them ahead of other manufacturers, but a few more cycles in testing would be a good thing.
I'm losing interest in these linear servos, as I had one fail due to an IC failure after a handful of cycles. Removing it from the wing after neatly fairing it in, was not something I was thrilled with doing. I took it apart and noticed that the wiper leaves were not all aligned to the same height also, when unsprung. This was not the problem, but it's not a bad thing to have equal pressure on all of them, since they are all part of the same leaf spring contact. They can be carefully tweaked and reassembled for maximum contact.
Speaking of micro seaplanes, the servo was on a micro Guillows Beaver. Still haven't got it out yet. Hopefully it will be a nice little pond flyer.
Got my Carbon Cub a week ago, from local model show. Not had a chance to maiden it yet cuz of windy weather.
After reading comments here about servos, I thoroughly checked all of mine, because there wasnt much movement on elevator. Everything seems to work ok though.
If there's insufficient pitch authority, I can always move it to next hole on the control horn.
One problem I've found (just with this model), is that it will bind ok - but then lose the binding when you remove battery. Anyone else had this problem with BNF products? I've got 8 other BNF aircraft/helis - none of those are 'forgotten' by the Tx.
Update 5 June: -
After maiden flight, it needed a few tweaks... On deployment of flaps, nose pitched up severely (40+ degrees) and didnt have enough elevator to compensate (as I suspected). Dialled flap movement down by 30% & moved elevator pushrod to next hole on horn. Had to move battery forwards in bay, (only half of it visible), to get CofG right.
Flies nicely & remains easily controllable, on 100% rates and no expo. Loops easily from level but needs some co-ordinated down elevator during a roll. Landings are long and floaty because it glides quite well.
Note: because second aileron uses ch6 port, Carbon Cub flaps are on Gear switch (ch5), not Flap switch, so Tx flap/elev mixing won't work. I was going to swap flap servo onto ch6 but it would need a Y lead with reverser, to run both ailerons from ch2.
Navigation lights share a Y lead with flaps, into ch6, so would be easy to unplug lights and maybe extend flight times.
Strangely, the binding issue seems intermittent - was ok for a few flights but has come back again.