Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
yorkiepap

Club: AMA/LHMAC
Friends: (2)
Default Tx Air/Heli differences.....

Hey guys,
Since I'm a retread into RC again, I'm in the "re-learning" phase of the newer Tx computer radios & have a question as to Mfg. attributes with the Tx designations of "Air" & "Heli".

I recently acquired a JR10X that can be used for plane, heli, & glider. I was wanting to get another as a backup unit for a "just-in-case" for emergency duty if necessary. I see some listed as "Heli" only. Why were they made so that usage for a plane or glider was not possible & IS that the case? Can these be programmed or re-programmed for all 3 as the one I have? I'm new to the computer radios, although being a bit computer saavy, I can't find a reasonable explanation for a computer radio to be limited in such a manner. Could the "Heli" unit be sent to HH's JR Service Center for such re-programming? Thanks for any help & answers...

Denny

* "To Be Old and Wise You Must First Be Young and Stupid." *

* "A mans' word is his honor....without honor, there is nothing." *
Old 02-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
Old Fart
Lost at LAX

Friends: (6)

Can't speak to the JR 10X, but on the JR9303's it's a matter of the throttle stick having no detents, and some differences in the switch placement and type. I fly all three from my 9303's - and they're both A/S radios

Jeff/LAX
(don't panic - I don't land the planes)
(but I've been known to lie.....)
Old 02-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #3
yorkiepap

Hey Jeff,
Thanks for your response. I guess I forgot to mention that, I believe the throttle may be on the right side for helis? Mode 1/Mode 2 configurations. I'd still like to find out if there may be the possibility to have it re-configured. I have a call into HH/JR presently & awaiting a callback. Thanks....

Denny

Old 02-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
Old Fart
Lost at LAX

Friends: (6)

Same mode as fixed wing, unless you're from the other side of the pond. Throttle is on the same place for Heli's. Now for my bigger sailplanes - that's the flap or crow lever

Jeff/LAX
(don't panic - I don't land the planes)
(but I've been known to lie.....)
Old 02-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
yorkiepap

Hey Jeff,
Thanks so much for your input. I just got a call back from HH/JR & spoke to the service rep, Lane, who gave me a very comprehensive explanantion of why certain Tx units were mf'd that way. So, my questions are answered & now I can understand what/why the programming functions are set up in a particular configuration. BTW, the "Heli" Tx units(10X) cannot be re-programmed in any manner. Good to know.

Denny

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros