Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-09-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (8)
Default Parkjet and canards ?

I've been thinking over the thrust line and launching issues that some have with the PKJ ....

Now many delta's in full size have canards to give manouevranbility and overcome some aspects of the delta ... A PKJ is a delta and I winder if a canard set-up - fixed angle - could help with launches / thrust line issues ?
It would assist with CoG ... carraige of larger battery's .....

??

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)

I have a plane called the Firebat, it has operational canards. It is a pusher design, with ailerons on the delta type wing, and elevator control on the canard.
It flew very good, I had a nice strong pitch control. I knew it was going to be a fun plane.
Unfortunately I crashed the plane on it's maiden flight, from my own forgetfulness. I had put a small receiver in it to test the servo travels. I totally forgot it was an indoor only RX with very short range, because there had been a large gap in time, between setting it up and final work on the plane.

I am defiantly going to fix it and put in a full range RX, I had enough power to fly at a normally fast speed, at only 1/2 stick. It will be fun.

I felt the canards gave me a better elevator control than mixed elevator/aileron surfaces on a delta. Plus without mixing I had better ailerons also.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

I wondered if a better stability for launching could be achieved having a bit more frontal authority.

I used to fly a Mirage 2000 model years ago and it was a pig to be honest. t's interesting that the full size sprouted canards in later test developments ......

Look at Rafale .... Typhoon ...... even the ill-fated Concordski TU-144 .....

The Hk Parkjet - when you look at it's shape ... flat bottom run but a marked sloped top form with high canopy ... this must create a large moment to push nose down ? Reason for the large angle of motors at back end ? trying to counter than nose dive ....

Just thoughts .... I may try out some canards later after I have exhausted trials on my hot PKJ .....

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 03-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
dumo01
dumo01

Club: Westerville Model Aeronautics Assc
Friends: (7)
Default Power for Firebat?

Wildflyer
What did you use to power your Firebat? I got one as a freebee last night from a collection of planes from a club member that he no longer wanted ( no longer flying). It is NIB and has a brushed Speed 400 motor included but no ESC. I was giving thought to converting it to a brushless of sometype but had not looked around as yet to see what motor I would use as yet.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by dumo01 View Post
Wildflyer
What did you use to power your Firebat? I got one as a freebee last night from a collection of planes from a club member that he no longer wanted ( no longer flying). It is NIB and has a brushed Speed 400 motor included but no ESC. I was giving thought to converting it to a brushless of sometype but had not looked around as yet to see what motor I would use as yet.
?? What has this got to do with PKJ with canards ? I appreciate you want info so why not PM Wildflyer ... ?

Old 07-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
Bobdaeronort
Bobdaeronort

Club: AMA member since 2011
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (2)

I built a 58" long 40" WS Su-47 Berkut with active canards.
Here is a video of her in and from the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RT90ett6qU

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets