Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #51
Victory Pete
WWI Flying Ace

Club: Rhode Island Soaring Club
Friends: (14)

Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
Thanks! Very excited that they are finally adding GPS support! Would love to read up on that and the current sensors, but I don't see any info on their site yet. Also like the backlight feature, I was just talking with a friend the other day about it being annoying that it turns off in the evening!
I was hoping the Inactivity Alarm update would include "Inhibit Alarm" and "Inhibit Vibe". This is how it is on the DX18 and DX10T.

VP

P.S. I am a treehugger, just not when my plane is in one!
Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #52
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)

Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
Also like the backlight feature, I was just talking with a friend the other day about it being annoying that it turns off in the evening!
I've not checked this on my new DX8, but did check the power drain caused by the back lite on a club members $$$$ Futaba 2.4 Ghz transmitter. Those backlites draw a LOT of power. In fact in the Futaba transmitter, it more than doubled the transmitters current requirements out of the battery. Assuming similar results in my DX8, that would cut your flying time in one half.

We had the same issues with the LCD displays on the high power circuit breakers and their controls that we manufactured before retiring at work. This LCD display backlite pulled over an ampere at about 3 or 4 Volts DC.

So, the software was programmed to simply turned the backlite off after a few minutes of inactivity on the controls keyboard. These controls are AC powered, with a 24 volt 16 Ampere Hour backup battery.

FYI, many of these backlites consist of a whole bunch of LED's located behind the LCD display.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:32 AM   #53
NFA Fabrication

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech View Post
I've not checked this on my new DX8, but did check the power drain caused by the back lite on a club members $$$$ Futaba 2.4 Ghz transmitter. Those backlites draw a LOT of power. In fact in the Futaba transmitter, it more than doubled the transmitters current requirements out of the battery. Assuming similar results in my DX8, that would cut your flying time in one half.
I understand that, But I only fly maybe 1-2 hours total a week, and I barely ever need to charge my controller, so it will work great for me, as I do a lot of evening flying.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #54
NFA Fabrication

I have a ? Has anyone found a way to choose what you want displayed on each telemetry screen? I would like to have at least batt. voltage, and altitude displayed on the same screen. Any way to configure the screens? Seems like there should be a way, but I can't seem to figure it out.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #55
Victory Pete
WWI Flying Ace

Default V 2.05 bug.

Apparently there is a bug in the latest V2.05 update. It affects subtrims and servo reversing. I dont understand it completely but have had to drastically retrim my planes while flying. There is some kind of an explanation on Spektrums site but it is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

VP

Old 08-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #56
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (7)

Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
Apparently there is a bug in the latest V2.05 update. It affects subtrims and servo reversing. I dont understand it completely but have had to drastically retrim my planes while flying. There is some kind of an explanation on Spektrums site but it is still somewhat of a mystery to me.

VP
I've noticed the subtrim issue too. To be fair I don't think it's a 'bug' as such, it's just a side effect of some of the other fixes and it is explained in the software release notes:
NOTE: This change affects sub-trim and travel of existing models and ones you will import. You may need to adjust sub-trims and travel on all control surfaces in both airplanes and helicopters.
While I noticed the subtrims needed re-adjustment the travel didn't seem to change noticeably and there was no reversing on any servos. I guess if you don't have any problems with the previous software and you don't want to re-trim then the option is there not to update.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #57
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 

I've been holding off on the upgrade because of that. I do like features like the backlight and buzzer control, though.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #58
NFA Fabrication

The only ill effect I noticed after the update was that my rudder trim was drastically off on the plane I fly regularly. Still wish I had control over what telemetry features were displayed on each telemetry screen.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #59
Victory Pete
WWI Flying Ace

I flew my Radian Pro for the first time since the 2.05 update, it was a nightmare. Make sure you check your sub-trims, mine were reversed on aileron and elevator.

VP

Old 08-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #60
bluzjamer

Club: South County R C Club, Rhode Island Soaring Club
Friends: (4)

Hey Pete does it have a chainsaw function for when you land in that tree hugger tree? I'm getting rid of my dx6i. Bought a bunch of rxs for my A9 off one of the guys on here. Have a bunch I'm switching over to my SD10G. Those two will be my main tx's. Love the A9 if I had gotten that one first I might not have gotten the sd10g.
Wanted to fly the mini telemaster this weekend but fried the esc when I was switching it over to A9. Only had a 3s lipo instead of a 2s I was using. thought the esc would handle it....guess not...smokes nice. I ordered more small esc's last night.
Only have spare big ones. Been doing repairs all weekend. At least you got the Radpro down in one piece.

AMA # 944164

Some people hang pictures in their homes, I hang guitars in mine. I guess I can hang a few planes in the garage too!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #61
Victory Pete
WWI Flying Ace

Originally Posted by bluzjamer View Post
Hey Pete does it have a chainsaw function for when you land in that tree hugger tree? I'm getting rid of my dx6i. Bought a bunch of rxs for my A9 off one of the guys on here. Have a bunch I'm switching over to my SD10G. Those two will be my main tx's. Love the A9 if I had gotten that one first I might not have gotten the sd10g.
Wanted to fly the mini telemaster this weekend but fried the esc when I was switching it over to A9. Only had a 3s lipo instead of a 2s I was using. thought the esc would handle it....guess not...smokes nice. I ordered more small esc's last night.
Only have spare big ones. Been doing repairs all weekend. At least you got the Radpro down in one piece.

Yes I was lucky to bring it down with it doing loops and rolls defiantly. You know you have to keep that factory installed smoke inside the ESC! Let me know when you are going to the field next, I will try to meet you.

VP

Old 09-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #62
mbarhsi

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
AirWare update V2.05 is finally on the Spektrum Community website.
https://community.spektrumrc.com/login.aspx

VP
Oh, good Lord, Pete...you're on here, too? I was glad when they finally kicked your complaining azz off of RCGroups.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 AM   #63
mbarhsi

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
I'm concerned about this part, though:

"Corrected trainer normal Master mode so that it doesn’t modify controls from the
slave. In previous versions it could reverse channels vs. what was expected.
NOTE:
This change affects sub-trim and travel of existing models and ones you
will import. You may need to adjust sub-trims and travel on all control surfaces in

both airplanes and helicopters."

I've already heard a report from one guy that yes, his heli setup was changed by this update! So we're going to have to go through all our models flight control setups?!?
They fixed it. 2.06 is available as of today.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #64
mbarhsi

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech View Post

We had the same issues with the LCD displays on the high power circuit breakers and their controls that we manufactured before retiring at work. This LCD display backlite pulled over an ampere at about 3 or 4 Volts DC.

So, the software was programmed to simply turned the backlite off after a few minutes of inactivity on the controls keyboard. These controls are AC powered, with a 24 volt 16 Ampere Hour backup battery.

FYI, many of these backlites consist of a whole bunch of LED's located behind the LCD display.
Airware version 2.05 added the ability to have the backlight stay on, off, or "auto", as it was before where it turns off after 10 seconds or so.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 AM   #65
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by mbarhsi View Post
They fixed it. 2.06 is available as of today.

Thank you! I'll add it to my to-do list!
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #66
Victory Pete
WWI Flying Ace

Originally Posted by mbarhsi View Post
Oh, good Lord, Pete...you're on here, too? I was glad when they finally kicked your complaining azz off of RCGroups.

There is definitely some "Monkey Business" going on over there, have you seen all the requests for "Delete My Account". People dont seem to be having a good time anymore.

VP

PS: They seem to be "In Bed" with Spektrum. God forbid you make any critical comments in that regard.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #67
aerocal

Havent been on this forum for quite awhile.Apparantly my account got dropped.Ill try to stop by more often.
VP I wondered where you disappeared to.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #68
Victory Pete
WWI Flying Ace

Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Havent been on this forum for quite awhile.Apparantly my account got dropped.Ill try to stop by more often.
VP I wondered where you disappeared to.
It is nicer here, there seems to be less belligerent fanatics.

VP

Old 11-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #69
Mysterious

Friends: (6)

Anyone know if they're doing any Xmas sales promos? I want to move from a Futaba 6EX to a DX8... missed that 3 Rx promo they had months back.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #70
bstarkey54
Riverside Flyer

Club: Inland Soaring Society, Riverside, California

Ultimate Hobbies seems to be the best priced DX8 at any time. Got mine without the receiver and telemetry for $300. Not to change subjects, but I gues I am. Does anyone one know when using Elevons how to adjust the set points differently for the aileron and the elevator travel?? Flying a small delta dart and its very sensitive to aileron movement but needs more elevator. Thanks.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #71
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by bstarkey54 View Post
Does anyone one know when using Elevons how to adjust the set points differently for the aileron and the elevator travel?? Flying a small delta dart and its very sensitive to aileron movement but needs more elevator. Thanks.
Hmm, I thought you just so that on the servo setup page. Just set travel on the ail and elev channels. Is that not working for elevons? I thought I was doing that on my Stryker 180. Page 22 in the manual.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #72
aerocal

Originally Posted by bstarkey54 View Post
Ultimate Hobbies seems to be the best priced DX8 at any time. Got mine without the receiver and telemetry for $300. Not to change subjects, but I gues I am. Does anyone one know when using Elevons how to adjust the set points differently for the aileron and the elevator travel?? Flying a small delta dart and its very sensitive to aileron movement but needs more elevator. Thanks.
Servo Setup menu and use the Travel adjustment.You could also adjust the rate in the D/R Expo menu.If you use the latter it can be assigned to a switch to change the travel for different situations on the fly.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #73
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 

Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Servo Setup menu and use the Travel adjustment.You could also adjust the rate in the D/R Expo menu.If you use the latter it can be assigned to a switch to change the travel for different situations on the fly.
Yep, exactly.. You would just adjust the throws in precisely the same way as you would if the elevator and ailerons were separate.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #74
bstarkey54
Riverside Flyer

Club: Inland Soaring Society, Riverside, California

Thats how I would have thought to do it also, but with Elevon chose for the wing type, in the Servo travel setup menu, Elevator is not an option that shows. It goes from right alerion, left aileron, rudder, gear, flap, Aux 2, Aux 3 and thats it. No elevator to choose from. Thats what has baffled me on what to do. Any suggestions are truly appreciated.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:14 AM   #75
Mysterious

Friends: (6)

bought one locally, so pretty, lol

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros