Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion)
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion) Discuss I/C or Gas Conversions, Aerobatic Planes and Sport Aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
brutus

Friends: (0)
Default Pulse xt 25e

Went to my favorite hobby shop yesterday, I was looking for a new plane. I'm a beginner and have 2 trainers, Super cub and an Apprentice.
My dream plane is a RC Guys Pitts 2s even though I know my level of skill is no where near capable of flying it. Saw an E-Flite pitts for around $150
and thought I could build it hang it on the wall to admire while I work my way through these trainers. You know something to aspire to.
Anyway when I proposed my intensions to my consultant he laughed at me (Rat *****). At any rate his wisdom prevailed and he convinced me to go for a E-Flite Pulse xt 25e, will pick it up Tuesday along with all the other stuff he claims I had to have.
Anybody else have one of these and how do you like it?
Old 02-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
bthrel

Club: Hickman County Model Aviators
Friends: (2)

brutus,

I have one (my 4th model after I started with a T28D) and its by far my fav plane. I have a elite 25 in it and use sky 3S 4000 lipos for batteries. Its fast and maneuverable, won't do unlimited vertical with the 25, but it will zoom up for quite a ways, large loops are a blast and once you get on higher rates it will roll very fast. I had no issues with the build, but I did do a little re-enforcing in some areas (search the RCG Groups and you will see info on that or let me know and I will detail it best I can). Slow flight is stable IMO and stalls are very predictable with no nasty habits (again, my opinion). It does land a little fast and I am currently experimenting with flaperons to try and slow it down a little on final.

Have fun and let me know if you have any questions

Brian
Old 03-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
mred
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

45 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration 
Friends: (3)

If you are planning to stay in this hobby and fly electrics, then you really need a watt meter if you don't already have one. That is one tool that is a must have in this hobby. If you want a little more performance out of that Pulse, then go to a 4S battery and down a little on the prop. That should liven things up nicely for you, but don't do that until you get good at the rest of your planes and you get good with the 3S or you will just crash it.

As for setting up flaperons, that is not a very good idea. They sort of work, but the ailerons are pretty ineffective and and the tips will stall faster since flaps effectively increase the angle of attack of the wing. If you want a plane with flaps, then the Ultra Stick 25e is a great choice and you can cut the flaps loose and have flaps and ailerons. It is also a very good fling plane and you can use that motor in the Pulse along with the battery and servos if you need to. You will need 6 servos to do it properly and a UBEC since you can't use the BEC with that many servos and higher voltage.

Ed

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Sport Planes (Formerly I/C & Gas Conversion)