Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-26-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (10)
Default RC planes in an unlikely place

Hi!

I haven't been very active here lately, partly because of a busy travel schedule. My latest travels took me to Singapore. What a place! My local business partners there were by far the most generous and hospitable people I've ran into and went out of their way to make me feel great. As I am a big fan of Asian food, they spent most of their time taking me out for incredible local food.

Anyway, one evening they took me to the Sky Bar at the Marina Bay Sands. 57 floors up and an amazing view, I remember myself thinking to myself "Can't be easy to find a spot for RC flying here". Then I saw some lights zooming around 57 stories below. As I looked a little closer, I realized they were what looked like motorized kites and 30-ish inch gliders with LED lights on a small parking lot/vacant lots smack in the middle of one of the most dense cities on the planet. It seems to me RC-flying is a necessity of life and people, no mater where they happen to live, find a way to fly. Pretty cool!

AMA #959089
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #2
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (13)

pontus,it's really great to hear from you my friend. hope you return home soon. the winds are gusting to 50mph so your not missing flying...lol...man,spring is getting real close and i hope to talk with you about joining in for parkjet speed records..lol..with your knowlege on enginering rc planes ,you'd be a true competitor..lo. lets talk when you get back.

stu

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #3
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (10)

Thanks for the kind words, Stu! Actually, I just got back to good ole NJ. Windy? Yeah, tell me about it. The approach to EWR was...interesting! That big 777 got tossed around like a paper airplane.

I think it's time for me to order a Parkjet so I can join the madness. Talk to all of you soon! Now I'm going to go have a jetlag, if you don't mind. 13 hours difference... Geez!

AMA #959089

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat