Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Club: Long Island Silent Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)
Cool Problem with the Flyzone TX-R Albatros

Flyzone Albatros TX-R airplane - Don't buy it unless you have a computer radio

I just purchased the TX-R version of the Albatros at the WRAM show in NY. I was interested to try this AnyLink thing and the plane looked kinda cute. Should be good for in front of the house on quiet afternoons. It was too windy to fly it yesterday but I did get a chance to set it up.

WHY DID THEY STICK THE RUDDER ON THE LEFT STICK?

On a 3 channel R/E/T plane the rudder should be on the right stick. In fact if you look at the manual for the RTF Albatros it shows the rudder on the right stick.

This is usually accomplished by putting the rudder into the aileron channel in the receiver. But on the TX-R planes they have it on the left stick. The receiver is sealed inside the plane so you can't get to it to move the servo to the aileron channel without cutting the plane open.

If you have a computer radio, you can use a mix to map the aileron to rudder at 100% and fix their mistake. But if you are tyring to fly this with a standard radio the rudder is on the left stick.

I sent a note to Hobbico to see what they suggest to fix this. They told me how to fix it on my computer radio but had no solution for a standard radio.

Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org
Old 02-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

The wind finally died down enough for me to fly the Albatros in front of my house. Flies great! It is much faster than I expected. I am going to enjoy this plane a great deal!

I had to use my Futaba 9C Super so I could map the rudder to the right stick. As per the instructions I pulled the RF module out of the 9C, then attached the Anylink module to the battery cover using double sided foam tape as I do not want it permanently mounted on this radio.

Worked just fine and enjoyed flying the Albatros.

www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org
Old 02-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
fmw

Friends: (0)

My advice would be to map it to both sticks. That way you can turn on the right stick and, if you want to do a hammerhead, you can apply rudder with the left stick. That's what I do.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Cool

Originally Posted by fmw View Post
My advice would be to map it to both sticks. That way you can turn on the right stick and, if you want to do a hammerhead, you can apply rudder with the left stick. That's what I do.
I like that approach as well.

www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners