Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-28-2012, 03:57 AM   #1
deandome

Friends: (0)
Default Best Brushless for 'Slow' MiniMag?

Have a MiniMag RR on the way, and I want to convert it to brushless. But I don't want it to go faster than the stock 400, as my 11 yo son and I will be learning to fly on it.

The reason I want to go brushless is really because I'm cheap!! 'HUH?', you say? See, I want to buy 3-5 LiPos that will work well NOW, and later on, when I either put in a different motor to go faster, or maybe even find a motor that will fly nice & slow & long (and run cool) at maybe 50% throttle...maybe with a larger prop (8-10"), and then I could go to a smaller prop, turn up the throttle & have a fast plane (albeit with shorter flight times).

Maybe I'm asking too much, but hopefully not...and if I am, I'm OK dropping in a new motor for $15 vs. buying $50+ worth of new batts.

So can a get a good, brushless slo-fly setup (motor and prop size(s)) that uses 3c LiPos, without swinging a prop that's so big I can't land in grass?

BTW, I kind of need it to be a 22mm can, as I ordered the GoBrushless metal motor-mount...but I think 28 would work, at least if the bolt pattern is 19mm X 16mm. And I need it to be affortable...HobbyKing-type pricing ($10-16 for motor, $15-25 for ESC).

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #2
dkrhardy

Club: AMA & ECRCC & RAMM
Friends: (3)

Don't know the plane, but go to headsuprc. find their phone number and call them. GREAT folks there, very, very affordable and super helpful.
Don
Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #3
startazz

Friends: (2)

Sorry i've never heard of it but if your as cheap as me you might want to give Hobbykingcom a look as they are hard to beat in most departments in our hobby plus if you go over to there motors i'm sure you'll find what your looking for.
You will also get good info in the reviews section once you click on the motor your thinking of using,just go down a bit under the specs of the motor for the reviews.
Sorry i couldn't be of more help but i don't know the plane you talking about.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

If you want good economy reliable and spares available .... RCTimer. Remarkably similar to Hobby Kings Tunrigy range but with as I say spare parts available.

RC Timer do BL motors in all sorts of sizes and KV as you want.

http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=shop.dwt

Always found them to be good.

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners