Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-24-2012, 04:02 AM   #1
CptClinton

Friends: (0)
Default EXI-450... Bonkers servos! Please help????

Can some one please help me with this. I crashed my Esky Belt-CP and built an EXI-450 from the ashes... but its yet to leave the ground. Right as I start to hover all collective servos flip out.

Ive grounded the tail boom. Took it off completely. Swapped ESCs. Switched to 2.4ghz. Changed RXs(again). Nothing helps. As soon as throttle hits 50% everything goes bonkers to the point of ruining servos (see video).

I have since ordered digital MG Corona servos as the tail servo doesnt seem to be affected. Any thoughts would be a huge help!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:03 AM   #2
CptClinton

I guess I have to make three posts to post a video... sooo 2.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
CptClinton

Old 03-24-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
CptClinton

Aaaaand 4. This should have the video of the servos losing there minds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D6y5-u9bQs
Old 03-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
zeta30
Team Mulikow

My first thought is that those servos aren't suited for cyclic servos on a heli. They don't have enough torque. They probably stripped their gears, thus being stuck in a certain position. I have always liked the HiTec HS65MG servos for cyclic, they are very tough servos.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
CptClinton

I have inspected the gears and they are in perfect shape. These servos are almost brand new. On account of the twitching they have never done anything but a low hover. Its like the cercuits are fried. They will vibrate and lightly resist when moved from the center possition.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
zeta30
Team Mulikow

They fried probably because you put too much stress on them. As I stated in my prior post, those are not suited for heli cyclics as they do not produce enough torque.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #8
dditch66

View dditch66's Gallery2

Pots in the servos are bad likely. Your gonna need to get new servos.
All 3 should match.
Esky servos are not very good. Even the $3 EXI analogs would be better than those
Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #9
CptClinton

Well I have dropped the money and bought three digital metal gear servos for the cyclic. I also bought a hi speed digital for the tail to go with my fancy schmancy gyro. I only had a few hours to tinker before I had to leave for work so it will be a week or two before I get home again to mess around with it. I have taken all the electronics off again and am ready to put it all back together. My question is, should I use the rubber servo mounts or just bolt straight to the frame?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #10
zeta30
Team Mulikow

Originally Posted by CptClinton View Post
Well I have dropped the money and bought three digital metal gear servos for the cyclic. I also bought a hi speed digital for the tail to go with my fancy schmancy gyro. I only had a few hours to tinker before I had to leave for work so it will be a week or two before I get home again to mess around with it. I have taken all the electronics off again and am ready to put it all back together. My question is, should I use the rubber servo mounts or just bolt straight to the frame?
That has been a huge debate on some of the other forums. The people that use them are very religious about it and will always use them. The ones who don't use them will never do it.

I only use the rubber grommets on my helis larger than 450. (my 550 and 600). I don't use them on my 450 or 255. So that being said, you will be OK if you do or do not use them.

Some will argue that they provide a bit of extra protection in a crash from breaking the tabs as they provide a bit of give. I can count on one hand the number of times I have broken a tab in a crash, and I'm the crash King!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk