Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
jnylund

Friends: (0)
Default Parkzone F4F repair advice...

...well, first perfect flying day in awhile, and it seems like a servo malfunction caused my F4F to auger in. Nose first when it experienced a full down input coming out of a loop from 20ft. The wings are salvageable (one cracked partially at root, but straight and repairable, and I can replace the carbon rod.

However, my concern is the fuselage. The foam is compressed slightly on one side and may now give a little more unwanted angle off for the motor. Is it worth putting back together and trying to fly with a possible bent fuse? It is subtle, but the wrinkles are there right behind the firewall on one side. Firewall is slightly cracked, but OK with a little CA. What do you think?
Old 03-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #2
jedorme

jnylund-hard to tell without seeing what it really looks like, but I have made numerous repairs on my F4F, both wing & fuse, so I wouldn't give up without maybe trying. Also found that applying steam to the compressed or misshaped foam will help to restore it back to normal - maybe not completely but almost! And then I used the white Gorilla glue to make other foam repairs because it actually expands when drying to help fill in gaps & is very strong. You can trim the excess away. Hope this helps.

Jed
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #3
jedorme

jnylund-here is some more info on foam repair that is posted in this forum; look under the "Beginners" section for this:

How to fix warps, dents, twists or uncrunch foam parts
AEAJR

(I think you can just click on it).

Jed
Old 04-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
startazz

Friends: (2)

I found that if you can get the part that is all push in and wrinkly into hot water is better than the steam trick,or even putting the part under a hot running tap.
At the end of the day though all the tricks work even the steam one.

If you really like a F4F wildcat then you might want to have a look at this bad boy,it's smaller than the PZ one but it's a hell of a lot faster and cheaper.

Some people say it's not as scale looking as the PZ warbirds but for the size and the good price i was more than happy with my one,i even got another one in the fun fighter range which is the RareBear and boy does that one really move along in the sky too,a bit faster than the F4F IMO.

May not be for a beginner but might be worth a look for the future and for the people out there who likes a fast little warbird,and they are fast.

I do hope you got your PZ F4F sorted out though and will have a few more good hours out of her yet,so happy flying and stay safe.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3s_4s_ESC.html

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies