Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
JayhawkJake

Friends: (0)
Default First footage from Keychain Camera

My keychain camera arrived over the weekend, and I braved some high winds yesterday to try it out. This video isn't great, but it is interesting to see how much I move the aileron trying to land in the wind!

Hopefully I can find a calm day and get some smoother footage soon.

http://youtu.be/J2L4qk0AizE?hd=1

Enjoy
Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Ryan Flyer
K Close's friend

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (11)

Looks good! Is it not thrilling the first time you see your own flying field from the air? I still remember the first time it did.
Happy Landings,
Patrick

WG1 Pilot
Come see the greatest show off earth at Cole Palen's Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome!http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/
Old 04-03-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

jayhawkjake, i watched your video and don't want to be a downer,

so i won't[jk].....nice video for the first flight with the keychain camera! they really work great and i like the way the wing and all the scenery was in great focus. even the choppiest videos can be enjoyed by hitting the pause button ,and your area and field are great. i didn't see one other person at the field except you.

around me in NJ,all sport fields are heavily used thru spring ,summer till end of fall. I'm glad to be joined with a good club,but really need air time before and after work like you got in the vid.

nice job on the vid! please do post more when ya can.stu

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
tarheal63

Send a message via AIM to tarheal63 Send a message via Yahoo to tarheal63
Friends: (3)

This is my first footage for my HK 1280x720p cam, I had a loose shaft collar on my Slow Stick motor so there is some dipping due to loss of power, but what the heck. I paid $30 for the cam so I am quite happy with it. Once I get the focus dialed in, it should look better.

http://youtu.be/P486b_PT_eg?hd=1

PS, Why don't my embedded youtube videos ever work? I can never get it to display as a thumbnail.

HZ SuperCub. PZ Spit(Older), Dynam EZ Hawk, GWS A-10(prop), HL F9F Panther, GWS ME-109, E-Flite P-47D, Jodel BeBe 9, HL Wicked Wabbit P-47, BL Slow Stick, PZ T-28, Electrifly SE-5A, HL Mig-15, PZ Stinson, Quad and Tricopters
AMA #973528
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
JayhawkJake

Originally Posted by tarheal63 View Post
This is my first footage for my HK 1280x720p cam, I had a loose shaft collar on my Slow Stick motor so there is some dipping due to loss of power, but what the heck. I paid $30 for the cam so I am quite happy with it. Once I get the focus dialed in, it should look better.

http://youtu.be/P486b_PT_eg?hd=1

PS, Why don't my embedded youtube videos ever work? I can never get it to display as a thumbnail.
I figured out to embed, do {media}YOUTUBE LINK, not the share link, but the actual link{/media}, replacing the {} with []

Stuart, the field this was taken from is just a park by my apartment, I go there from time to time just to burn off a battery. Normally I fly from the football field, but now that lacrosse has started this was done from the baseball field. I'll be posting another video tonight if I remember, a different mount for the camera and flying from the same park, but a slightly different location which made it easy to get some shots of myself. I fly at a proper RC field when I have more time, I'm hoping to get out there pretty soon and try to get some footage of other people's planes in the pattern.

Seeing yourself from the plane is interesting. I noticed I move quite a bit while flying, pacing around or shuffling my feet. I'm looking forward to try different mounts and can't wait to get a few more planes to try getting footage on. I wonder if my micro Pole Cat can fly with the camera...
Old 04-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
tarheal63

Woot, thank you very much, mystery solved. Scooby snacks for everyone.

HZ SuperCub. PZ Spit(Older), Dynam EZ Hawk, GWS A-10(prop), HL F9F Panther, GWS ME-109, E-Flite P-47D, Jodel BeBe 9, HL Wicked Wabbit P-47, BL Slow Stick, PZ T-28, Electrifly SE-5A, HL Mig-15, PZ Stinson, Quad and Tricopters
AMA #973528
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
Ryan Flyer
K Close's friend

Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (11)

Hi Tarheal,
Thats some nice footage! I have been using a keychain cam for about a year now but I think I might need to upgrade to one of those.
Patrick

WG1 Pilot
Come see the greatest show off earth at Cole Palen's Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome!http://www.oldrhinebeck.org/
Old 04-05-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
tarheal63

Thanks, I was using an 808 #3 for a long time. I hope to get some better video in the future. Works well on the SS.

AMA #973528
Old 04-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #9
EyeintheSkys

Wow, keep up the nice work.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography