Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
plastic northerner

Friends: (0)
Default first person view

Hi all.
Any help Please. I am looking at getting a first person view set up. I am using a 2.4GHz Transmitter Receiver for my plane and there seems to be 2 types of FPV, 2.4 and 5.8GHz, my main concern is if I go for the 2,4GHz could this interfere with the plane controls or the picture on the FPV. Many thanks, Ron
Old 04-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
fmw

Friends: (0)

Not from the transmitter. It uses spread spectrum so the frequency is changing constantly.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

Fm has a much longer range, and you don't have to worry about glitches with 2.4ghz. However, fm only has so many channels, and a very long range.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (88)

I'm a FM fan myself as the price has gone to near nothing,,having said that if money isn't a prob' I'd go all 2.4,, ,,on the other hand if your not going to need a lot off expo's , mixing, dozen model memory, + bell's an button's, a good FM may fit the bill,
I find the Ch board's at AMA club's mostly empty with everyone else on 2.4,,,,,bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 04-18-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
startazz

Friends: (2)

You will need to use the 5.8ghz for your fpv if you are using 2.4ghz radio gear on your plane,there are loads of video's over on YouTube and other forums explaining why.

I think you will find if you use both 2.4ghz FPV and TX & RX you won't lose your signal on the radio but you will get interference with your picture,so you will get wavy lines,static = noise and such,so the quality can be quite bad.

Thats why most people with 2.4ghz radios (TX & RX) will use the 5.8ghz FPV system,i went over to Hobbyking.com as they have the best deals i could find in the FPV set ups,but it's up to you where you get yours from.

I'll leave a link so you can check them out if you like plus if you click on something you like you can find normally find review or a discussion on it,just go below the price tag and you will see the reviews in a tab next to the discussion tab.

I hope this was of some help as not an expert because i'm only just starting out with FPV myself.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_FPV-FPV.html
Old 04-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Club: Long Island Silent Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

This is not really a beginner topic. I am going to move it to General Electric forum.

Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions