Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
brutus

Friends: (0)
Default Sig Kadet EP-42B dissapointing

Purchased the Kadet and I must say I am disappointed. Primarily I'm finding fault with the cheesy control rods which are 1/32.
While assembling the wings I followed the instructions and carefully tried to make the 90 bend for the control horn at about 60 the wire snapped off. I then put the model away and decided to beef up the control rods particularly because I didnt care for the V bend which is supposed to be used to tweak aileron adjustment. I opted, instead, to visit my LHS after work the next day where I purchased some 2MM threaded rods and kwick links.
Got the wing fully assembled with satisfactory results. Moved on to the fuselage assembly and aaaargh!! The 2mm control rods are too big for the plastic tubing provided for running the control rods through to the tail section. Low and behold when I looked at the two control rods provided one was broken off at the V bend. I guess Sig has problems bending these wires too. Anyone have any thoughts on how to replace the plastic tubes without having to remove the covering from the fuselage? I really dont want to use the stock rods.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Turner
Super Contributor

Friends: (3)

You might just try some new wire, perhaps just slightly thicker. It's possible the included wires had faulty heat treatment and are too hard.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions