Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-25-2012, 03:44 AM   #1
matiac
What, me worry?

Club: A.M.A. Member, not currently affliliated with a club
Friends: (2)
Default Would anyone happen to know?

I got my Dynam Flight Simulator today, and after a TON of hassle with some stoopid .dll thing, FINALLY got it going, has a few kool models to fly, but there's one little problem. The controls are backward...fast is slow, down is up, right is left, you get the jist. I tried calibrating, setting it up for 6 channels, which it did, but no matter what I try to do, it's still backwards. And come to find out, it's a program I used to use way back when I had an XP computer, still has the red striped Pitts Biplane, and back then I used a USB joystick. I did a trial of Real Flight, which only lasted 30 minutes, and the controller worked like it's supposed to, but this FMS thing, everything's backwards...any way to fix that I'm not aware of? By the way, I'd just buy the Real Flight if I only had 100 bucks to buy it...
EDIT: ailerons and rudder are working properly, elevator's backward, throttle's backward...I've tried everything...

R.C. Hobby is a hole into which one dumps money.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:52 AM   #2
MX5Seeker
Glad to be here...

Club: Georgia Mountain RC Club and Bristol Field
Friends: (0)

Are you using a real transmitter? If so, does it have "servo reversing" switches? Is so, try flipping them to the opposite direction. Or, you may be able to do it in the programming.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
slipstick
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (1)

In the mapping/calibration screen just tick the INV (invert) box against the controls that you want to reverse.

Steve
Old 05-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

As Slipstick said ........ in set-up - you invert the controls.

Next thing you do is get a better Sim !!

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 05-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
matiac
What, me worry?

Club: A.M.A. Member, not currently affliliated with a club

OK, here's how I had to fix it. First thing was to add d3drm.dll to System32 in Windows AND the simulator, there's a couple places online that have it, it'll be a .zip file, so you may need to also download winzip if you don't already have it. Unzip the file to desktop, copy/paste it to System32 and the sim, BE SURE to paste it in a white section of the page, or it'll integrate with whatever you pasted it to. Once that's done in calibration throttle and pitch have to be set at both "INV" and "EXP" together, or they'll be backward. All others are as stated in the setup directions. This fix is for Windows 7 users, don't rightly know if it needs to be done in Vista also. For anyone having trouble with it...

And yeah, you're right I do need a better sim, gonna get the Clearview one online when I get paid next week, it's only 40 bucks and WORLDS better than this 10 PLUS year old software. I used to use it in an old XP machine I had with a USB joystick...it still has the red Pitts...

R.C. Hobby is a hole into which one dumps money.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #6
startazz

Theres an even better one than that over at Hobbyking.com which has most of all the big names on it,like Phoenix,Realflight and so on,i got mine off them about a year ago and i've never looked back,it had both the flight sims on it i said above and a couple of other ones too which i don't use.

You can use your own radio on it too as it has the plugs for most of the top brands and all for the top price of $8 plus P&P.

Mine was the first one at the top of the page with the link i'll leave but make sure you get the right one for you.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Simulator.html
Old 05-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
slipstick
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (1)

The Chinese have some cheek...selling a device specifically designed so people with no morals can STEAL commercial simulators instead of paying for them. I just hope someone comes along and steals what you've been working for sometime .

Steve

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners