Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
dhpilot

Friends: (0)
Default Toysonics shipping scheme

Monday, July 2, I purchased a Rare Bear ARF from Toysonics.
During the online order process you must watch their ordering software with regard to shipping costs.
Their default shipping setting is the most expensive USPS priority mail. 2-3 days.
In my case $31.00 for a 55 dollar purchase for 1/2 lb. airplane.
If you change that to UPS ground and advance a screen, then return, it automatically reverts to the more expensive shipping option.
Well, they got me.
To make matters worse, I have yet to receive my order! 5 DAYS LATER!!!
If your going to be charged for 2-3 day expedited shipping don't you think you should receive the package in 2-3 days???
I of course sent an email to ask for a store credit or refund of the shipping charges to which the reply was basically go to hell as they refused to make ANY compensation. I still do not have my package.

I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of the City of Industry, Ca. and warning others that do business with Toysonics about their unscrupulous business practices.
It is a designed rip off. They know it and are intentionally OVERCHARGING for shipping and NOT delivering on their promises.
SHAME.
UPDATE!!

NOW, I receive an email stating they have cancelled my order.
In other words, [B]5 DAYS later the item has not left their warehouse!
They are pathetic. period.
When you question their business practices they refuse to sell to you.
Spend your money elsewhere.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Thanks and Wow !

I had heard they were a good resource for the Skyangels series and parts. In fact I wanted to buy a couple 50mm 6 blade fan units as back ups frommy two Skyangel jets.

I've bought two Jpowers/Skyangels 50mm edf's(T-45/F-16) from BH (skeptically) and on both occassions they arrived unharmed in 3 days. They have free shipping for orders over $100.00 . Had heard horror stories about BH service so maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.

code: Summerflying

Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 07-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

I've ordered from Toysonics (Some retracts, and I forget what else) and had no problems. That's quite a gimmick though. While I don't know if it would be intentional (You did back up a page, you said), but it's like when you do a Java update or something, and you have to look out for the one step where there's an option to install some crap in your Explorer toolbar and it's already checked, so if you don't catch it, they get you! But yeah, defaulting to the most expensive shipping option kind of sucks for the customer. You have to be very vigilant before each press of the 'continue' button!

Oh, and next time you get the runaround from any company like this, you can go straight to your credit card company and file a fraud claim. Sometimes it's the only way to get satisfaction from some places.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions

Tags
mr. mok , shipping ripoff , toysonics