Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default Cermark Fantasy Racer Gee Bee

Not the beginner plane as low wing but nice size for a fun flyer. Not the exact scale appearance of the actual Gee Bee, but like the large wheels makes for grass landings on a mowed surface.

On my second model of this one, lined up wrong into a backboard, if once wasn't enough managed a dual collision.

This flyer was abit demanding during my early ventures, now with low wing experience, truly fun to fly.

Early outing just this morning rare zero winds, smooth aileron rolls, touch of down elevator but using slightly over half throttle.

Old clip during my learning curve.

Likely tax you for landing, suggest some throttle, keep the nose up on touchdown else bounce etc, I now can deadstick lowering altidude to increase speed on approach, gradually keep flaring. This model perhaps better handling then the closer scale design, have the Great Planes Gee Bee waiting, will compare, the latter one wins on appearance.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

The maiden of my 2nd one of these, abit windy, handled it but was effected especially on some turns. Not able to put thru some paces till this morning, last a calm day, take off predictable, flew level now, aileron roll smoother than expected, had the speed down as a stall loop, my fault, really having fun with this one now, managed a hard surface deadstick landing, nearly on the money, slightest turn at finish of touchdown, I was pleased. It climbs instantly to a vertical and keeps climbing! Oh my!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Pleased to say getting plenty of daily flights, with low breeze on early morning ventures she zings merrily across the sky, now deadsticks in on pavement, balances perfectly with 2200 Lipo in front vertical battery slot. Flight times not super long going to order another battery for sure.

Will land with nose up keep flaring, very gentle landing today applied more elevator abit early on pavement, airborne again max elevator on 2nd touchdown on the money, sweet.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
startazz

Friends: (2)

Sounds like your got it nailed now my friend,keep up the good flying and the more we fly the better we get,well thats what i tell myself.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #5
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Amazing how different models fly, this one perhaps not for everyone, but enjoy its low passes, one of my neighbors viewed its flight asking what series it was, is an attention getter.

At a C note certainly worth the low investment for me. Thick wheels are rather solid even on error touchdown, reasonable care hold up better than others to me.

Is a behavior on landings as will nose over without continual elevator flare once touchdown begins, easy to figure out as on my 2nd airframe, just a slow learner here.

Really having a blast near daily.

If you like a thick foamy, won't be disappointed with this one.

On durability a spectrum receiver and or transmitter lost link, popped into a high tree, tumbled down dislodged the motor mount, else near intact. Epoxied together for easy fix, now using a Tactic setup with zero issues.

Here it is if your ready

http://www.cermark.com/products/Fantasy-Racer-.html

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners