Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default Gee Bee Eflite Micro, Fantasy Racer, Great Planes 38 in Wins

Tho just 2 flights excited about the Great Planes 38 Inch Version of the famed GEE BEE. Enjoy the other two as have both as well, like the larger size of the Fantasy, but this scale GP version is absolutely a winner at least for me.

Had a free receiver in one of the adds as had the transmitters went that direction, expo would be welcome but flew just completely solid on the low end setup. With correct COG only just over an inch from the leading edge, handles a generous 2200 lipo for extended flights.

The flying is the easy part as takeoff predictable if you've flown low wings, but landings will tax most just check youtubes on the flip overs. I finally elected grass course flips but less chance for more scuffing. The side pants are magnetic and explode off adding to effect, actually enjoy this.

Flew like it was on railroad tracks, even half throttle zings for a complete thrill ride, course the view of a low GEE BEE Pass Is Stunning. Aileron Rolls with ease, Near zero down elevator needed with any speed.

Excuse me going to recharge for more fun.

Just one of the many dealers..

http://secure.hobbyzone.com/great_planes/GPMA6020.html
Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
startazz

Friends: (2)

Great posting and well put,it sounds like a great flying plane but as i'll have to pass on this one at the moment as my wish list is just to big at the moment,shame though as i've always like this model.
Old 06-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Now back flying the larger Fantasy Racer, winds zero early, zinged just over half throttle with authority. Learned to keep holding up elevator after touchdowns else likes to nose over.

Early flight exactly what happens if you fail to hold .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1yHD...e_gdata_player

Know what you mean on the wish list, pulled the string on a Millennium new release sked should arrive today, see if I can handle this sport model!

http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplan...602/index.html
Old 06-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
startazz

Thanks for the link of the flight video but i've got to say,the plane looked really pitchy to me or at least you might of had to much throw on the elevator,one of your viewers said it sounded as though something wasn't quite right with the sound,i also thought the same thing.
You did really well flying it though and that GeeBee is one sweet looking plane for sure and that landing wasn't as bad as it could of been.

I'm about to get another model next week as my Mrs lets me have a monthly allowance for my RC.
I'm thinking of the lines of a Durafly DH-88 Comet from Hobbyking as i haven't got a twin motor plane yet and she ticks all the right boxes for me,plus there are a couple of other planes on my wish list that i'm debating on getting too but this one seem to be right at the top,well for today that is as it might change by next week.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ghts_PNF_.html
Old 06-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Perhaps an off balance prop, the pitching mostly my early flying as was windy that day, is much easier to fly now after getting use to its handling. My landings more improved. Does a sweet aileron roll.

That Comet looks really cool,sure you'll like that one.

Still waiting for Millennium delivery.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #6
startazz

I wasn't sure if it was a maiden flight or not,well at least she is all sorted now and by the sounds of it she is a good flier now.

Oh i did look at the Millennium Master and it too has some sweet lines and it will no doubt be with you soon,good luck on the maiden not that i think you will need it.

Take care.

Ian.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #7
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Thanks, the Fantasy does get blown abit with much wind, looking forward to fling the low wing should penetrate the breezes effortlessly.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers