Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
slim

Friends: (0)
Question Looking for opinions on a ARTF quadcopter

Hi Everyone
After spending months modifying my Bixler and recognizing that I am right brain not left, I have decided to buy a RTF or ARTF quadcopter for FPV.

I have found a quadcopter but, (as this will only be my second plane, the
first being a Bixler) am unsure about the combination of best electrical/motor/combinations.

The price point is within my price range, it is a 6061 Quadcopter, for sale on fpvpilot.com

If anyone could look at it for me and tell me if electrical/motor/systems add up for a good quadcopter, I would really appreciate it.

Cheers
Old 06-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
startazz

Friends: (2)

Recognizing that I am right brain not left,not to sure what that means mate,anyways just been over to have a look at the quad you speak of,it looks like a nice bit of kit but not sure it's really for a first timer like your self,plus it's not the cheapest out there and if your going to teach your self to fly a quad thats a lot of money to put into it IMO.

Have you tried a good RC flight Sim yet? some of the better ones have quads on them now so you can get use to them first,plus you don't say how you got on with the Bixler apart from saying you modded it for months,i guess you can fly that well then.

If it was me i'd go with something a bit smaller and get use to flying a quad first and once i thought i was good enough i'd then step up to something to do FPV on,i'm just saying what i would do but it is up to you at the end of the day,as you know this hobby isn't cheap on the pocket.

Why not try something like the Turnigy micro-quad as thats a PnP (plug and play) so you will just to add your own battery and receiver and see how you get on from there,or try the ladybird quad and yes i know there small and won't be to up to doing good FPV but they will help you get use to flying a quadcopter.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Quad_PNP_.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html
Old 06-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
slim

Friends: (0)

Thanks for your reply Star
I am anxious to get into the quad territory, so practicing on one of these smaller ones first is definately a good idea.
I will still get the bigger one so I am ready to go once I feel my flying skills are good.

BTW right brains are creative/painter types, left brains are math/technical types, generally speaking

Thanks again
Old 06-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
startazz

Friends: (2)

No worries Slim and why not get a bigger one,as you say you will soon be needing one that sort of size too.

Thanks for putting me straight as far as brains go,mine must be more on the right side the same as yours then.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
AEAJR
Community Moderator

Club: Long Island Silent Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

You would probably get better info in the heil forums. This forum is for airplanes.

Long Island Silent Flyers
www.lisf.org
Eastern Soaring League
www.flyesl.org

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners

Tags
opinions , quadcopter , rtf , rtf helicopter