Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scale E-Powered Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scale E-Powered Aircraft Discuss electric powered scale models here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
Newman12

Friends: (0)
Default Battery Hatch on a Goldberg Anniversary cub?

I have just gotten a Goldberg Anniversary Cub ARF. Its the .40 to .61 size 76 1/2 inch wingspan, red ,white and blue version model. The previous owner started to convert it to E-power but never finished. I intend to complete the conversion.

I have gone through some of the similar threads about the Cub and I havent really found what I was looking for specifically. What I am really looking for is if anyone has some pictures of how they put a battery hatch on this Cub?

It looks like I could make the hatch between the cowl and windsheild maybe even making the windshield removable along with it but it looks like there is structure under ther I dont want to cut. That structure runs up to where the wing dowels slide into the Fuse

If anyone has an E-powered Cub and could snap and send me a few pictures so I can see how you all did it I would be eternally greatful!

Much appreciated!
John
Old 07-24-2012, 01:00 AM   #2
vigne

Just found this request, John. Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?:

A 5S pack fits nicely. There's a lot more info on my build thread here:
http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...p?th=55984&p=1

Any questions, just ask!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:06 AM   #3
Newman12

Default Battery Hatch on a Goldberg Anniversary cub?

Thank you for the pics! I found a thread in another forum and they sent me some pics as well. I really like how clean your installation is.

I started with an ARF so I had to work with it already assembled which wasn't fun but I made it work reasonably well. I also am using 6S lipo too so its a little bit larger. As a matter of fact I just completed the last little bit of work on it tonight will be doing a maiden on it soon. I will post some pics as well. I haven't covered my hatch with monologue just yet as I want to make sure it all works as I hoped.

Thank you again!
John

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scale E-Powered Aircraft