Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #276
road king 97
old hat

Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by JerseyDog View Post
Well I had a very productive weekend. I was able to add 2 coats of primer to my sheet of metal. I think I might just add another coat next week if the weather is good. I had to cut it short because of the rain. I was able to make my first jig for cutting the fixtures. It took me forever but finally got it right. I was able to cut about 50 1 1/2" fixtures. I was making a delivery on Friday and the company specializes in small boxes for cheese. The wood they use is 1/8" ply which after making all their cuts, small pieces are left over of an average 7"x6". These left over pieces end up in the garbage and I did a little dumpster diving and was able salvage about 200 pcs. I'll be going back to that place for more wood on a daily basis to see what other goodies are in the dumpster.
All Right dog ! a man after my own heart i love to dumbster dive for free stuff. I found real 1 inch thick pine bead board in the garbage 18 foot long ,painted white 3 months ago.The company built displays out of it for malls. I loaded my truck called a couple trimmers i know and it was 400 free bucks in my pocket for more airplane goodys . Good find dog. joe
Old 10-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #277
JerseyDog

Friends: (1)

Hey roadking why let perfectly good wood go to easte. I'm always on the look out for wood especially cabinet making shops. I deliver to alot of them an usually end up asking for scrap wood. I can't wait until i finish my building board.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #278
road king 97
old hat

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by JerseyDog View Post
Hey roadking why let perfectly good wood go to easte. I'm always on the look out for wood especially cabinet making shops. I deliver to alot of them an usually end up asking for scrap wood. I can't wait until i finish my building board.
That was a good find for the nice ply you needed ,yea i cant wait to see your new board done too. It's going to make me jelous but iam to old now to throw out all my glue covered pins and switch to magnets anyways. joe
Old 10-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #279
Dimeflyer

Club: haven't picked one yet ?
Friends: (2)

same here as far as the pins go guys
George
Old 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #280
BradT
Scale Nut Loves Biplanes!

Club: Fraser Valley RC Flyers
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (4)

Well, hopefully, better late than never! I have finally got a project to start for this build challenge. After hemming and hawing about which of my many plans to choose, yesterday I spotted a post on my old club's forum about an AerodromeRC short kit for the Albatross D Va being offered at a great price, so I called the poster and arranged to pick it up today. The plans and parts are now in my shop, and I'll get my bench sorted out and the plans taped down this weekend, and a few pieces glued up, with pics, of course, to post by Sunday night. I'll open a build thread as soon as I read over earlier posts here about how to set that up.

OK, here's the link http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68363

Brad.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #281
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot  AV Contest  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by BradT View Post
Well, hopefully, better late than never! I have finally got a project to start for this build challenge. After hemming and hawing about which of my many plans to choose, yesterday I spotted a post on my old club's forum about an AerodromeRC short kit for the Albatross D Va being offered at a great price, so I called the poster and arranged to pick it up today. The plans and parts are now in my shop, and I'll get my bench sorted out and the plans taped down this weekend, and a few pieces glued up, with pics, of course, to post by Sunday night. I'll open a build thread as soon as I read over earlier posts here about how to set that up.

OK, here's the link http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68363

Brad.
Got it Brad. Thanks!

Frank

Let's Help Newcomers! << Click Here
Old 11-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #282
JerseyDog

Friends: (1)

I finally got electricity back in my house. Hurricane Sandy really destroyed my state thanks god my area was spared.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #283
road king 97
old hat

Awards Showcase

Glad to hear you and yours are ok dog ,it looks like a mess closer to the shore. joe

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions