Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot  AV Contest  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (0)
Default Model Airplane Building Clinic

I don't know if everyone here visits the general electric forum, so I'm posting this in this forum also.

A number of experienced modelers are hosting a model airplane building clinic starting 29 Sep. There are probably a bunch of folks that have never actually built a plane from either a kit or plans. Could be tons of reasons why that is, but perhaps one of the reasons is that they are not sure if they could actually build a balsa airplane from a kit. So I have decided to host an online tutorial to teach folks how to build a model airplane. Myself and a number of experienced builders have combined our talents to teach anyone interested in learning how to build an airplane.

You can build whatever you want to build for this clinic and if you need some ideas let me know. I know you cannot go wrong with anything from Mountain Models or Stevens AeroModels since they make such great quality kits. I have yet to build anything from those two companies that I did not like.

For more info and to join in the fun, click here: http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67588

Old 09-20-2012, 04:55 AM   #2
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot  AV Contest  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (0)

We have a few signed up from WF right now. Can always use some more. Building your own model is a lot of fun.

Frank

Old 10-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5
Club: Lancaster County Fliers
Friends: (3)

That sounds interesting. I've been out of it for over a year working on and riding my cross country tour, and when I got home one of the first things that caught my eye were the boxes for the Eastbourn and BoT sitting on my shelf - beckoningly.

A refresher course certainly coldn't hurt.

Posted via Mobile Device

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft