Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-26-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
Bobdaeronort
Bobdaeronort

Club: AMA member since 2011
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (2)
Default How I do Flight Videos

After several questions about how I do my flight videos I decided that since I was grounded by weather I would do a video to answer those questions.
And while we're at it please post your comments and share your video methods.

http://youtu.be/3q0htRbhy50
Old 03-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I posted in Video section about my methods but here goes.

a) 8mm Sony Handycam. This is the best for zoom, field of view, following quick models - USE viewfinder NOT screen. Disadvantage is having to convert to digital for Youtube. I use a DVD recorder deck ... feed the handycam in ... produce a hard copy DVD disc. Then to Pc with 'FREEMAKE VIDEO CONVERTER' software to wmv for Windows Live Movie Maker.

b) Cheap Keychain camera ... I use this in two ways ... on-board by Velcro and tie-wrap combined. Two small holes through wing ... strap her down so I get minimum prop bars on video. Convert to wmv and Windows Live Movie maker again.

c) Helmet cam - a larger unit that uses same internals as Keycam ... but on a head strap ... has tilt and angle settings, LED aiming light and display.

d) 12mPx Digital video camera with screen ... good but cannot view screen on sunny day.

e) Small rectangular digital camera that has various mounts .. same as HD version of Keycam for internals etc.

I use Freemake Video Converter to produce wmv format videos and then Windows Live Movie Maker to edit / title etc.

I have other editing software - but basically at end of day - I'm only doing a youtube vid of models that I use mainly for diagnostics - to solve trim / set-up etc. - the byproduct is of course being able to upload here - so people can see how daft over this hobby I am !

Best ? has to be the 8mm Handycam. Beats the others hands down every time.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Bobdaeronort
Bobdaeronort

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I posted in Video section about my methods but here goes.
I have other editing software - but basically at end of day - I'm only doing a youtube vid of models that I use mainly for diagnostics - to solve trim / set-up etc. - the byproduct is of course being able to upload here - so people can see how daft over this hobby I am !

Best ? has to be the 8mm Handycam. Beats the others hands down every time.

Nigel
Ooops. I really should get out more often. I didn't realize there was a Video section. Sorry bout that. I'll post this there.
Anyhow, I too have an 8mm digital to tape cam NTSC format. But that requires the BEB come along and she can't always. So this is why I bought the little Kodak's that and they were cheap.
I am really not sure what I enjoy more. Building the model planes, flying the planes or making movies of the planes flying. oh well, its all good.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

DaHawk put me onto this ....

A direct Video to Digital (PC) box ... so no need to record the VHS through DVD recorder to disc for transfer to PC ... I can now do it direct from my Handycam to my PC ... and in file format I choose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2709387717...84.m1439.l2649

Brilliant ... and only a few $ ....

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 07-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Bobdaeronort
Bobdaeronort

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
DaHawk put me onto this ....

A direct Video to Digital (PC) box ... so no need to record the VHS through DVD recorder to disc for transfer to PC ... I can now do it direct from my Handycam to my PC ... and in file format I choose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2709387717...84.m1439.l2649

Brilliant ... and only a few $ ....

Nigel
Thanks.
I got the Apple Version of this and use it with my SONY handi-cam.
My Kodak DVR's hook up directly to my MAC.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Only thing I found is that VCD / SVCD quality is not as good as to DVD recorder ... so maybe I should convert via this USB item to DVD quality ...

Still - it saves a lot of time and discs !

Nigel

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets