Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
Relsom

Friends: (0)
Default Power Supply For EFlite 1 Cell Charger

This E Flite EFLC100, the one with 4 AA batteries for charging the little 1 cell Blade lipos may optionally be supplied with a 6vdc supply. Has anyone had any luck using a generic OTS 6vdc supply? There are cautions in the manual about not using anything other than the E Flite EFLC1005 plug in supply with this. I can't imagine why there would be a problem using any supply as long as the plug is polarized correctly and it's capable of at least 600 to 800 ma.
....Chris
Old 09-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #2
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Yep volts are volts. I have used other supplies without an issue.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
Relsom

So do the batteries have to stay in the charger for the adapter to work. I can't get the light to come on while using the adapter with the AA's pulled out.
...Chris
Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #4
Relsom

Odd, the 6vdc 650ma power supply I was trying to use caused the charge light to turn off when I plugged it in. It was already in charge mode with a lipo inserted and the AA's installed.

I went up to my LHS to ask if they knew how it was s'pose to work. He didn't know for sure and swore all Eflite chargers were 12v. as he pulled out his "junk" box with a bunch of misc chargers and adapters. I found an EFLC 1005 in the box and showed him that it was 6v. He said the charger must need that 1.5a capacity and said I could have the adapter. He said it was last years model and he didn't need it. I didn't argue and bought some props and tools that I was needing anyway. Wala - problem solved.

....Chris
Old 09-16-2012, 12:45 AM   #5
Heli Jim
Grandpa, Golfer, Pilot

Friends: (1)

I think I remember reading that you need to take the bqtteries
out if you are using an AC adapter

Helicopters don't really fly.......
They're just so ugly, that the earth repels them.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Relsom

You may be right, Jim. And I may have posted victory too soon. With the AA's installed and the EFlite adapter plugged in the charging indicator did not shut off within a reasonable time. Charging indicator did not come on at all without the AA's installed.

I unplugged the charger and let the battery charge from the AA's. The light went out per the normal charge cycle. I have not seen instructions as what to do with the AA's when using the adapter. Point that out if you can find it.

I'm figuring that I either have a defective charger, I damaged the charger using a 650ma adapter(unlikely), or I'm not doing something right.

...Chris
Old 09-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #7
soar-ne
Omaha Ne.

I may be wrong, but it seems like when this charger came out others tried this and had the same problem. I think I read over on RCG several rears ago that when you take the unit apart their is a seperate tap for the light circuit that you have to modify. Might try a search over there in the Micro areas. I personally use rechargable batteries and have zero problems with my units.

Good Luck
Bob M.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers