Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #26
bluzjamer

Club: South County R C Club, Rhode Island Soaring Club
Friends: (4)

I always use AmEx in case this BS happens.....this is a crying shame.
I went though this with everyones favorite overseas hobby supplier. AmEx took care of the problem. Everyone wants or needs to save a buck...it's hard when you see the same item for half of what the usa reputable guys charge. It's like going fishing...you use the right bait (cash) and the fish (us) wil bite. Sooner or later if the the fish is caught and released enough it will stop biting or get eaten.

AMA # 944164

Some people hang pictures in their homes, I hang guitars in mine. I guess I can hang a few planes in the garage too!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #27
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
If anything, I thought Topspin might have had an agenda bringing another vendor into this, but now I get accused of having an agenda. It's a never ending spiral. And of course now we heard about that from you instead of Topspin, who may not appreciate you putting words in his mouth.
It's only a never ending spiral, when people call others on their comments. Being that this is the Company Discussion forum, any company is fair game for TopSpin to mention. It's unfair for you to suggest that he may have an agenda. Even if he does have a justified dislike for a company, it should not be construed by anyone as being an "agenda". The "agenda" accusation is one that the HK backers seem to use quite often. They never claim to be company employees or representatives, although it would probably be better if someone officially representing a company would respond to comments made concerning their company. As for comments, even if they are not justified, Topspin should still should be able to voice an opinion, as no forum member should consider themselves to be the "filter", or approval process for deciding what opinions and comments are justified or not, based on their criteria. The "have you personally had an issue with the vendor" line of questioning seems to be a common one.
I believe Topspin is also fine with me speaking on his behalf, which is quite different than speaking for him. Accusations of "putting words in his mouth" is not called for.

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Aha! I didn't recognize the names as I'm not that fixated on this stuff, but I got clued into looking into it. I'm already famous on another site for sharing my bad experience with another vendor. Guess who. It's a fun read where I even get accused of being someone else that uses a lot of usernames at once to bash that company!

http://rctruth.com/index.php?topic=991.0

Stuart, I sincerely apologize that this got dragged into your thread. I'm trying not to derail it! Hopefully you'll get this issue resolved. I didn't think BH commited fraud in what they did. I only meant if a company insists you do something like that and you don't want to in order to protect your privacy, and they leave you no choice, your credit card company can help. And that dept is called the fraud dept.
I have no issue with you. What's between you and another member at another forum is between the two of you.
Honestly, I think you may have been using Stuart's thread as an opportunity to call out Topspin, and knew about him and RCT for a long time, and didn't just discover it out of the blue in the past day. I haven't seen you post in defense of HK, and they do have a number of regular screen names who post in defense of them, whenever and wherever possible, calling out those who say anything uncomplimentary about them. With that aside, it would seem unlikely that you suddenly would put TopSpin on the spot, without some past issue. Calling folks out of the blue is a never ending spiral, if that's what it is.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:43 AM   #28
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (13)

i called banana today around 2 pm Calif time. spoke to Larry again. they have answered the phone every time I've called and been very helpful.

received the tracking # and delivery is Oct 1st. no overnight express but on it's way none the less. speaking of less,i mentioned the efforts I've put in should be rewarded in a nice discount or something....,larry said he'd get back to me on that as it's not his call.i won't hold my breath over that one. not likely going to happen but if they do something i'll let this forum know. [maybe a banana t-shirt]

officially,this thread is done. I've shared with everyone here the correspondence with bananas customer service both fairly and accurately. i told Larry not to use a customer to re-ship a mishiped item or they risk the new owner being very unhappy when parts are missing or damaged and they should always be the last to handle merchandise. Larry agreed.

don't lock this thread down mods unless folks get unruly......i will post a picture of the stinger when it arrives hopefully safe and in good condition. i sure wouldn't want to send it back...lol.

bottom line,would i buy from banana hobby agian.............

never! fool me once,shame on you...fool me twice is just a dam shame[on me]...period!!

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!

Old 09-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #29
TopSpin

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
It's only a never ending spiral, when people call others on their comments. Being that this is the Company Discussion forum, any company is fair game for TopSpin to mention. It's unfair for you to suggest that he may have an agenda. Even if he does have a justified dislike for a company, it should not be construed by anyone as being an "agenda". The "agenda" accusation is one that the HK backers seem to use quite often. They never claim to be company employees or representatives, although it would probably be better if someone officially representing a company would respond to comments made concerning their company. As for comments, even if they are not justified, Topspin should still should be able to voice an opinion, as no forum member should consider themselves to be the "filter", or approval process for deciding what opinions and comments are justified or not, based on their criteria. The "have you personally had an issue with the vendor" line of questioning seems to be a common one.
I believe Topspin is also fine with me speaking on his behalf, which is quite different than speaking for him. Accusations of "putting words in his mouth" is not called for.

I have no issue with you. What's between you and another member at another forum is between the two of you.
Honestly, I think you may have been using Stuart's thread as an opportunity to call out Topspin, and knew about him and RCT for a long time, and didn't just discover it out of the blue in the past day. I haven't seen you post in defense of HK, and they do have a number of regular screen names who post in defense of them, whenever and wherever possible, calling out those who say anything uncomplimentary about them. With that aside, it would seem unlikely that you suddenly would put TopSpin on the spot, without some past issue. Calling folks out of the blue is a never ending spiral, if that's what it is.
Thanks Bill, I really do appreciate the support and as always you are spot on.

Thanks to you also Stuart for posting an honest assessment and glad to hear you got a satisfactory outcome.

The TRUTH is not always what it seems.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #30
WayfaringDreamer

Friends: (0)

Good to hear they are making it right for you.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #31
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Originally Posted by stuart View Post

bottom line,would i buy from banana hobby agian.............

never! fool me once,shame on you...fool me twice is just a dam shame[on me]...period!!
I am with you..... That is a big no-no and suspect it actually violates US privacy protection laws.

I think of this because I am taking compliance stuff here at work (as we do every year) and companies must have very clear "personal data" protection here in the US (EMEA is more strict than the US). Their company privacy policy would have to indicated that they can share YOUR personal data with other CUSTOMERS! I suspect that is a clause not included in their statement.

I suspect the CC company would have a bit of a field day with that too.

Interesting indeed.

Mike

Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM   #32
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery82
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 

Originally Posted by WayfaringDreamer View Post
Good to hear they are making it right for you.
That would include a significant refund, or free items of use to the customer. Stuart had to go through considerable extra effort. They don't do that at BH, from what I know.

I consider it to be a given that they should correct the problem. With most of us like you and I, it would go without saying. I do understand however, that in some cases folks have to have some concern about things being righted, making it remarkable versus the order of the day. You are right though, as with some of these places, it's good just to not be flat out rooked, after some extra effort.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #33
bluzjamer

It's a shame, if BH changed their ways they could get a large share of the overseas market and the in country market as their prices are very good. Good prices do not make up for bad service. I was looking for some glider motors recently andn it seemed like everyone was out. Plus most of China was getting ready to shut down for a Chinese Firedrill or Holiday or something so real slow shipping out of China right now. Even the big hobby outfits in the states were out of everything reasonable priced. Of course if you have deep pockets everything on the high end is right there waiting to ship out. Nature of the beast I guess.

AMA # 944164

Some people hang pictures in their homes, I hang guitars in mine. I guess I can hang a few planes in the garage too!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #34
TopSpin

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by bluzjamer View Post
It's a shame, if BH changed their ways they could get a large share of the overseas market and the in country market as their prices are very good. Good prices do not make up for bad service. I was looking for some glider motors recently andn it seemed like everyone was out. Plus most of China was getting ready to shut down for a Chinese Firedrill or Holiday or something so real slow shipping out of China right now. Even the big hobby outfits in the states were out of everything reasonable priced. Of course if you have deep pockets everything on the high end is right there waiting to ship out. Nature of the beast I guess.
Next time take a look at Leaders for motors. Their website is a PIA to navigate but they have a huge selection and their motors are really high quality, at least so far. They also don't disapear everytime ther is a Chinese shindig.

The TRUTH is not always what it seems.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #35
bluzjamer

Yes I looked at Leaders but they were on backorder also. They did come up with an alternative but with shipping it was too close to headsuprc. Jeff got the order.

AMA # 944164

Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 AM   #36
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

stinger has arrived....in perfect shape!!! so banana came through and from now on the stinger thread is where i'll discuss edf's. as far as getting an answer on a coupon,free t shirt,or even a thanks for going out of my way to get the stinger finaly sent....well,i didn't expect it.

sooooo, thread closed.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!

Old 10-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #37
gramps2161
Community Moderator

View gramps2161's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Ya forgot and left the door open!

Stu glad to read it worked out for you.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #38
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Default Shaweet

Glad to read Stu. Looking forward to your posts on the Stinger

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #39
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

gramps....very funny,

before i let the dogs out to attack banana hobby ,could you please lock this old thread down to float away into the servers deep archives of old topics? thanks to all my friends here at wattflyer for caring and sharing.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT.....WOOF WOOF WOOF!!

Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #40
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Club: Arizona WingNutz
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (25)

Stuart,

You as the thread starter should have the ability to close the thread yourself. Just go to the top right above the first post, select "Thread Tools", and "Close Thread" is automatically selected. Just hit the "Perform Action" button and you're done!

I'll leave it open so you can try it out. If for some reason you can't close it, Gramps or I can do it for you.

Pat Gagnon

Owner - Nico Hobbies

Your source for micro pusher jets!

Closed Thread

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions