Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
jmcasey

View jmcasey's Gallery1
Friends: (0)
Default Exceed F5 center of Gravity?

Does anybody have any experience with the Exceed F-5
center of gravity? Purchased a used kit, but no plans were included.
TIA. Joe Casey
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
N42375

Club: Jackson Area Warbirds
Friends: (0)

Hi Jm, I hope that I can help. I think we are talking about the 70 mm edf with retracts. I have the Banana hobby F-5E mfg by BlitzRC. The plane balances perfect with a 4 cell 2200mah with the gear DOWN. You can check that by measuring 8 1/4 inches back from where the wing's leading edge strack meets the air intake. I have been flying mine for 2 seasons and love it. It may not be the fastest jet, but it lands fantastically and rolls like a drill bit. Keep the aileron travell to a min. I have the Swiss paint version. If you fly of off grass, I sugess you put a stop block behind the nose gear to prevent the plastic from breaking where the rod goes into the base plate. It flys best on a battery with a C rating of AT LEAST 30c, 40 is beter

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets