This is the second flight on my 87" Sbach 300. I replaced the Scorpion Commander Series V 130A ESC with a Castle Phoenix ICE2 HV 160A ESC because the Scorpion wasn't quite compatible with the Hacker Q80-8M motor. The motor would stutter on initial throttle up. The flight is nothing special...an inverted CG check, one loop, a high-up hover, a couple of full-throttle climbs and a couple of passes. I really enjoy this setup and the Q80-8M motor generates serious power with the 12S setup...5382 watts at WOT! Regarding the airframe, the Aerobeez Sbach 300 is a very nice ARF, easy to build and a cinch to convert to electric power. I would highly recommend this ARF for someone looking to step into a 50CC sized airplane.
- Hacker Q80-8M Motor
- Mejzlik 24 x 12 Carbon Fiber Propeller
- Castle Creations Phoenix ICE2 160 Amp High Voltage Speed Controller
- Hitec HS-5585MH HV Servos x 4 (2 x Ailerons, 2 x Elevator)
- Hitec HS-7954SH HV Servo (Rudder)
- LiFeSource 6.6v 2100mAh 10C Receiver Battery
- Spektrum AR8000 Receiver
- Pulse 2 x 6S 5000mAh 35C Lithiun Polymer Batteries (12S 5000mAh)
- Eagle Tree eLogger V4
- Spektrum DX8 Transmitter
- AUW: 18.79 lbs.
Static Full Throttle Data:
Current - 119.49 Amps
Voltage - 45.04 Volts
Power - 5,382.10 Watts
Power-To-Weight Ratio - 286.43 watts/lb.