Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
DCDetector

View DCDetector's Gallery25
Friends: (1)
Default mSR dropping after 30 seconds

My Blade mSR started acting like the battery is dead after less then 30 seconds of flying. It isn't the battery because I've got 5 of them and they all do it with a full charge. I put them on the charger and it just blinks saying they are almost fully charged still.

What's happening is I fly for less then 30 seconds and the blue light goes out and the mSR start dropping like the batter is almost dead. Once it goes down and I let off the throttle the blue light comes back on and I can fly again for 15 seconds of so and the blue light goes out and it starts to drop.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)

I have had many batteries that act like yours, they were old and tired. (like me)

Mine also act like they take a full charge, but they won't deliver it.

Those batteries charge at 300 ma, but then have to put out 1.6 amps to fly the mSR
I put an amp-meter inline on my mSR to measure the true load.
As a battery ages or just decides to quit, there is a factor called internal resistance that starts to climb. If it wasn't for IR our batteries could deliver a unlimited current until they were discharged.
Batteries with a lower IR will have a higher C or amps, ability ( there are other factors involved in the final C rating)

After you fly for 30 seconds, that darn IR is dropping your output voltage, and the mSR lands, then after a little rest, the voltage comes back up a little and you can fly again probably for a shorter time.

I bought 10 batteries from HobbyKing, and they ALL did the same as yours, the originals were better. My best ones are 160ma from Hyperion, I have had flights over 8 minutes with them, and I think somehow the mSR flys smoother with them.

Try a new good battery like the Hyperion, and let me know what happens.
The mSR must be the toughest thing flying, I crashed mine about a 100 times trying to fly inside my house.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
DCDetector

View DCDetector's Gallery25
Friends: (1)

Try a new good battery like the Hyperion, and let me know what happens.
Will do! Thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
jabu32
Future Expert

Friends: (0)

+1 for battery. if they are old or it you leave them charge all the time they will degrade.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters