Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Glacier Girl
Kamikaze Ace

Club: Badius Boys Flying Club Inc. Outlaw Flyers World Wide
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (6)
Thumbs up Champ lives up to her name!

Decided to go fly yesterday. Didn't want to go to the field with my bigger stuff, lazy day so I dug out the Champ. Hadn't flown it in over a year.

Walk over to the school football field, and off she goes. Ahhhh, this is nice. Just puttering along all is good.

And then I'm ATTACKED!

Pair of bogies nailed me from my 6. Seems a couple of crows figured I was on their turf and weren't too happy about it. First one nails the Champ and sends it sprawling and spinning. Second one dives in for the kill.

Champ decides she's not going down without a fight.
She let the second one scream in as she dove for the ground, and then pulled a "Top Gun" move. Couple feet off the ground and she slammed on the air brakes, standing on her tail. #2 had target fixation and nearly plowed into the ground.

And then the Champ became a Champ. She went medieval on em.
Instead of running she turned and went after both. Poor crows didn't know what hit em. Instead of a victim, they now has a little yellow terror coming after them. Bounced both of em and sent em packing for home.

And like an old WWII movie she brought her pilot safely home, all shot up, running on fumes, hit LVC as she cleared the runway.

Battered and bruised, but with blood on her teeth, the skies clear of bogies.

And just like those movies, it's a wonder she could have even flown, let alone fought back. Gouges in the wing and fuse, the left wing cracked the whole length of the chord. Only thing holding it on was the CF spar and lower covering. Even the spinner is MIA.

This girl is going to get an overhaul, she deserves it.

And somewhere there are a pair of crows warning their buds to be on the look out for a little yellow bird that will open a can of whoop ass on them if they aren't careful.

And somewhere else is an r/c pilot who couldn't be more proud of his Champ and is still smiling when thinking about it.

When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, in his sleep...... Not screaming like the passengers in his plane.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #2
wedoitall

Club: hillbilly crash helmets
Friends: (1)

wow, awesome!!!! wish i was there.....very good story
Old 10-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #3
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

We need pics...

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes