Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
Yakfishingfool

Friends: (1)
Default More newb info

What is the relationship of receivers to servos? If I go with a DSM transmitter I can use spektrum receivers and will any servo work with it or is there proprietary connectors? Just wondering. Scott

PS, just picked up a dx6i, was thinking of trying an orange 6ch receiver but not sure what servo to apply as I need three for my gentle lady conversion. Thanks. Scott
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
pmullen503

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (3)

Just about any three wire servo can be used with your receiver. The only caveat is if the servo has a Futaba style plug, it will have a tab that would insure the correct orientation when plugged into a Futaba receiver. In a pinch, the tab can be trimmed off with a knife to use the servo in other receivers.

It's best to just buy servos with the correct plug. In your case, JR or universal style.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by Yakfishingfool View Post
What is the relationship of receivers to servos? If I go with a DSM transmitter I can use spektrum receivers and will any servo work with it or is there proprietary connectors? Just wondering. Scott

PS, just picked up a dx6i, was thinking of trying an orange 6ch receiver but not sure what servo to apply as I need three for my gentle lady conversion. Thanks. Scott
Yup, just about any servo will work from the small servos to the giant scale servos. They all have the same connector. One good brand of servos is the Hitec line. They are reasonable in cost, and they work well with the proper application.

They run in cost from $8 or so up to over $200 each, depending on if you are flying a slow sailplane, or a $$$$ 200 MPH wet turbine model. For your Gentle Lady conversion, methinks a standard servo about $12 or $15 will work just fine. I flew an electrified Gentle Lady years ago, had a lot of very good flights with it. After a few flights on that Gentle Lady, I put spoilers on the wing. It was very difficult to stop it when trying to land.

Take a look:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...tandard-Analog

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners