Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
scottwest

Friends: (0)
Default Need help with my Habu 2. Receiver/Telemetry

Just finished building a PZ Habu 2 and I am having a problem with massive frame loss being reported by the TM1000 telemetry module. I am using a DX8 (v2.06), AR600 and the TM1000.
With the plane just sitting on the bench for a few minutes I will get 255 fades, 3000+ frame loss and no holds. I have this same setup in my Cub and there has been no problems. I will get maybe 5 frames lost per flight.

I am also having a problem with weak signal strength from the TM1000 being reported to the DX8. Weird thing is, the signal is only week when the gear switch on the DX8 is in position 0. If I flip it to position 1, all is good.

Any ideas what my problem is?

Thanks in advance,
Scott
Old 10-28-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

I can't really help you directly, but I can point you where hopefully someone can:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...681851&page=25

Hopefully no one's too offended at me pointing to another forum, but it looks like alot of smart Spektrum guys, and I think someone actually from Spektrum there. Good luck!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
scottwest

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
I can't really help you directly, but I can point you where hopefully someone can:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...681851&page=25

Hopefully no one's too offended at me pointing to another forum, but it looks like alot of smart Spektrum guys, and I think someone actually from Spektrum there. Good luck!
Thanks xmech... I will post this there.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 AM   #4
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

OK. But please be sure to let us know what you find here, too. Spread the knowledge!
Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
scottwest

Not able to figure it out....
Old 02-19-2013, 05:41 AM   #6
aerocal

Originally Posted by scottwest View Post
Not able to figure it out....
You say the problem occurs with the Gear switch in Pos 0.Is there a servo plugged into that channel? If so is there a difference in Rx bus voltage when you flip the Gear switch?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
scottwest

The retracts are plugged into the gear channel..... Telemetry shows no voltage drop..
Old 03-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
aerocal

Ok. I kind of watched the responses in the other forum. There has to be some kind of answer here somehow. Im kind of trying to follow what we already know. 255 fades but 3000 frames and no holds. The frames only rack up with the gear switch in one position. It only does this in one model.
Does the gear servo actually function correctly? Do you still get the funky data with the servo unplugged?

You mentioned irregular TM signal at the Tx.Where do you have the module and antenna mounted?
If you watch the data screen on the Tx how fast do the frames start racking up when you flip the switch? Im pretty sure you have realized by now that the fades start at 255 on A when you boot it up.So you are getting no new fades and no holds but 3000 frames?
This is not something Ive ever heard of before.
Do you have anything else plugged into the TM1000?

There must be something missing in this story.There is always a logical process of swapping,changing,reorienting one thing at a time to isolate an offending component.There must be an answer.

If you havent chased this down yet try to repost in detail what you have done to try to isolate it.

This forum is kinda slow and I havent spent alot of time here but I try to check it fairly regularly.If I forget you can PM me at one of the other places and remind me.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
scottwest

Thanks for trying to help Aerocal!
I couldn't deal with the problem anymore and solved it by installing a AR8000. It is rock solid now.
But:
There was no stopping the frame loss, it was a weak signal from the tm1000 that was affected by the gear switch.... With the gear switch down, i would get weak signal warnings from the tm1000... Put the gear switch up and the signal strength was perfect... It didn't matter if the gear was plugged into the receiver or not..
The tm is mounted at the rear of the battery compartment and the antenna runs up the air frame toward the front. The loss of frames starts as soon as the model was turned on and climbs steady until it was turned off.. Nothing was plugged into the tm except for power from the rx.
I put the AR600 back in the Cub, it is happy there....

Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Ok. I kind of watched the responses in the other forum. There has to be some kind of answer here somehow. Im kind of trying to follow what we already know. 255 fades but 3000 frames and no holds. The frames only rack up with the gear switch in one position. It only does this in one model.
Does the gear servo actually function correctly? Do you still get the funky data with the servo unplugged?

You mentioned irregular TM signal at the Tx.Where do you have the module and antenna mounted?
If you watch the data screen on the Tx how fast do the frames start racking up when you flip the switch? Im pretty sure you have realized by now that the fades start at 255 on A when you boot it up.So you are getting no new fades and no holds but 3000 frames?
This is not something Ive ever heard of before.
Do you have anything else plugged into the TM1000?

There must be something missing in this story.There is always a logical process of swapping,changing,reorienting one thing at a time to isolate an offending component.There must be an answer.

If you havent chased this down yet try to repost in detail what you have done to try to isolate it.

This forum is kinda slow and I havent spent alot of time here but I try to check it fairly regularly.If I forget you can PM me at one of the other places and remind me.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #10
aerocal

Ok.Glad to see you got it working.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #11
scottwest

Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
Ok.Glad to see you got it working.
Thanks! Really wish I could have figured it out....

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros